Solved

How Does A Free Shipping Dynamic Coupon Code Work?

• 24 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hey! I am just a little confused as to how these Free Shipping codes work in Klaviyo. It’s asking me to input a Max Shipping Rate, and I need clarification as to how Klaviyo and Shopify know how much to discount when the person is at checkout?

Does that make sense?

What makes sense to me is that somehow Klaviyo knows to tell Shopify to discount the shipping on any order that’s less than my Max Shipping Rate. But I just want to make sure!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 26 November 2021, 08:06

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @EmpoweringWomen 

You are correct! As long as the shipping rate is within your max and you have the coupon codes enabled it should be included!

Badge +2

Thank you! I really appreciate the response!

Badge +2

Hey @stephen.trumble just another question.

Does it discount the actual products in their order or does it remove the shipping charge? And is it the actual cost of shipping for that specific customer or is it removing the max shipping rate?

Thank you!

Badge +1

Hi - I’m still confused as to what the Maximum shipping does. Does it mean if I set it to $20 then it will give free shipping if the shipping rate is under $20. And if it is over $20 will it give discounted shipping. So  if the shipping was $30 they would be charged $10.

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@stephen.trumble - do you have an answer for @RobertCroydon? Just running into this question now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @RobertCroydon 

You are correct! If the shipping cost us under $20 it would be free and anything over would be added to the customers bill. Hope this helps!