Solved

Is it possible to my Business Address from my email templates

• 15 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello Y’all! I am new to Klaviyo. I am currently working for a delivery service that does not want to discose their business’ street addres for security reasons. Is it possible to omit the business address that appears at the bottom of me messages?

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 16 February 2023, 16:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @J.Vic ,

Welcome to the Community! 

Technically yes, it is possible to omit your physical business address from the bottom of your emails. To do so, you can click on the Footer content block while in the Email Editor in Klaviyo, and delete the [organization.full_address] variable. 

However, I do want to share that in many countries, businesses are required by law to include a physical address in the footer of all email campaigns sent, like under the CAN-SPAM Act in the United States. Anti-spam laws exist to prevent people from sending unsolicited, fraudulent or deceptive emails. That means, as a legitimate email marketer, you must be transparent about your company or organization and the purpose of your email messages.

It would be my recommendation to include a physical address in your footer to avoid any potential issues or penalties. However, if you do not want to disclose a specific physical address for security reasons, you can choose to display a partial address or use something like a P.O. box instead. 

There is also a great thread here on the Community that discusses this here:

For this case, this Klaviyo user’s business address was also their home address, which they did not want shared with the public. The Best Answer in this thread provides some further instructions on how to change the Business Address in your Klaviyo account to pull this information into your campaigns using the variable I highlighted in my above screenshot. 

You also have the option to include the street address as plain text instead of variable in your footers if it’s easier. 

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski