Solved

Issue with coupons and intro email

• 8 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

So I set up a coupon with Justuno so someone who joins the email list gets a coupon in their first joining up email. That is fine.

But what about when the joining up email is triggered when a customer buys a product? How do you make it so they don’t get a ‘default’ coupon?

icon

Best answer by Dov 6 April 2021, 20:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @Mack999,

The answer to this question is going to be dependent on what e-commerce platform you are using/how your integration is set up.

As an example, if you are using Shopify as your e-commerce store, anyone who accepts marketing at checkout will be routed to the main mailing list (if the integration is configured to do so) BUT will not trigger the Welcome series. In this case, these subscribers are not going to be triggering the messaging that other subscribers who opt-in through a signup form get with the coupon code.

Hope this helps!

Julie 

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Mack999,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community. 

@julie.accardo is correct in that the solution will, to some degree, depend on your ecommerce integration.

Correct me if I am misunderstanding, but it sounds like you have created a coupon code within JustUno and are using this code in both Klaviyo emails. If you want to ensure that each user receives a unique coupon code, I recommend looking into using coupon codes in Klaviyo. We currently have the ability to generate single-use, unique coupon codes for Shopify, Magento 1 & Magento 2 stores. If you are using one of these integrations, you can simply generate and use a unique coupon code for each email.  Otherwise, my recommendation is to create a new coupon code within JustUno, use the original coupon code for email A and the other coupon code for email B.

Thank you and have a wonderful rest of your week.