Solved

Klaviyo email Errors in Outlook

• 1 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi there! 
I have a problem I can’t seem to solve myself. 
I’ve created couple of email flows and although all the emails run perfectly in Gmail, Outlook seems to cut and misplace texts, and/or magnify pictures that are placed (mostly in table) blocks. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by elisegaines 1 April 2021, 22:23

View original

6 replies

Badge +1

We are having the same issues...looking at this thread it’s been ongoing for over 2 years. Has anything been sorted yet? We didn’t have any issues with Mailchimp on images not pulling through correctly, so I am guessing its a Klaviyo thing and not an outlook thing?!?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Rocky638 and @JRR,

Really appreciate the feedback you’ve provided on the Outlook rendering issue! I’ll share these insightful thoughts with our Product Team.

In addition, I would also suggest taking a look at some external resources touched upon by other email service providers and email marketing tools regarding this Outlook rendering issue. In them, you’ll find further recommendations and best practices to optimizing your emails for your Outlook clients.

Thanks for being members of the Klaviyo Community and have a great day!

David

Badge +1

Unless Klaviyo have improved something here recently, sure it could be better. We’ve used SendPulse, MailChimp and Mailigen - none of these display as badly as Klaviyo, so ‘industry wide issues’ is a bit of a cop-out I’d say...

Absolutely agree. We’re having the painful same problem with content spilling out on Outlook. 

It must be Klaviyo code / build because it doesn’t happen with any other email clients I’ve used.

Klaviyo don’t seem to be that concerned about it...

Unless Klaviyo have improved something here recently, sure it could be better. We’ve used SendPulse, MailChimp and Mailigen - none of these display as badly as Klaviyo, so ‘industry wide issues’ is a bit of a cop-out I’d say...

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you for your reply! Could it be, that the solution is using customized imported templates to avoid creating templates with blocks (or using just a few button blocks)? Would it be possible to customize, for example,  JPG files with all the info we’d otherwise build up in blocks? Then just to add a few buttons and other necessary clickable blocks here and there? Or is there any other solutions for creating the templates outside Klaviyo and then importing them to email tunnels that would fix the Outlook problem?

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hi @Liisi! Unfortunately, there are industry-wide display issues with Outlook, as they choose to render HTML differently than other email clients. However, you can fix the image resizing issue by adding an image width to every image in your template: 

Full-width images should be 600px, and use smaller numbers for smaller images. This will constrain the image in Outlook and avoid it stretching/breaking your template.