Solved

Klaviyo will not save the link text and URL on my text block.

• 15 February 2022
  • 15 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I am trying to add a link text and URL to a text block inthe email builder. However it will not save the information. I have already emptied the cache and restarted the browser. Also I pressed
the "Save and Return to Templates" button afterwards but it will just not keep the information.

I am trying to link this URL: https://www.it-fits.com.au/pages/8-reasons-to-buy-it-fits

Is there a problem with the format perhaps?

Attached 2 screenshoots, first one where I have input the the infos and second one when I go there again to check.

It seems also other designs elements or text we used did not always save. We kept doing things again and again but now for this issue we just never get to the end.

Thanks for your help?

icon

Best answer by David To 15 February 2022, 17:34

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Kathrin Bickel,

Great looking email!

That does seem like an odd behavior! Have you tried highlighting the text you were looking to hyperlink prior to using the “hyperlink” functionality as opposed to just selecting the text box and using the hyperlink tool? You can also use CTRL+K (Command+K for Mac) shortcut after highlighting your text yo launch the hyperlink/link tool. 

I’m also curious to know if you happened to had a chance to preview the email and see if the link actually did save but may not be appearing within the UI.

Did you happen to also have multiples of the same template opened in different tabs or browsers? Since Klaviyo templates autosave all changes, having multiple tabs or browser open with the same template may cause this saving issue. For instance, after making these changes, if you navigated to a different tab that had the same template but without the changes applied, it may automatically save the template again, overriding the changes you’ve recently made. This would also extend to if multiple users are trying to edit the same template.

David

I’m having the same issue. I cannot link text. It just disappears. Whether I use the link insert tool or even edit the HTML manually, nothing. 

I’ve filed a support ticket.

Badge

I’m having this issue as well. Seems to have appeared within the past couple of hours.

Badge +1

we are having this same issue too. very frustrating!

Badge

We are having the same issue right now! Has anyone found a workaround?

we are having this same issue too. very frustrating!

I’m having this issue as well. Seems to have appeared within the past couple of hours.

Maybe that’s why chat help had 60-something folks ahead of me. Yikes! I sent in an email help request instead. The problem sucks, but thanks to both of you for replying. At least I know I’m not alone!! It’s for sure broken in the NEW template builder. Can still add links in the old one.

I also checked here: https://status.klaviyo.com/ 
Yet no note about this error. 

We are having the same issue right now! Has anyone found a workaround?

No workaround. The template even strips out the link when you add it in source code. Infuriating.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We are having the same issue. We even tried highlighting the text and it doesn’t want to save the information. Very frustrating.

Just got email from help/support that this issue is fixed. I tried, and it appears it is now working again. They never listed this problem or fix on the status page. https://status.klaviyo.com/

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Someone must have been “listening” because it seems to working now. LOL

Badge

Working now! 

It looks like this issue was solved 1 year ago, but I am having the exact same issue now. Does anyone know if it is a system issue, or if I’m doing something wrong? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @noraaz

Welcome to the Community! 

Yes, this issue was resolved. You can always check our Klaviyo status page to see real time incidents or updates!

To clarify, do you mind explaining what you’re experiencing? Additionally, you have tried our original poster’s workflow and my colleague David’s steps as well to rectify the issue, but with no success?

Thank you! 

-Taylor 

Badge +2

I am having this issue right now. Trying to add a hyperlink and it will not save I have notified klaviyo of this but so far no reply at all. We can’t send our email out as planned.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Lorna-Zesty-Digital-Marketing

Thanks for raising this issue in the Community! 

Yes, this is an current bug and is being investigated by our team! However, I can see that our Support team did respond to you within a few hours and has provided a workaround in the meantime, which would be to directly add the URL though the 'source' of the block with <a href="YOUR URL"> RANDOM TEXT</a> . 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor