Solved

Missing "Add Codes" button in Klaviyo Coupons when I click the 3 dots

• 25 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

I created a shopify coupon in Klaviyo for an Abandoned Checkout Flow.

This code will be active “At send time”

And will expire “After 2 days”

Next step I need to do is to “Add codes” to this coupon code.

BUT there’s no “Add Codes” button when I click the 3 dots beside the coupon code name.

Therefore, “0/0” in “Available/Total” column.

Need help ASAP.

Can I use this code even if it’s 0/0 since I’ll be using it inside a flow?

I’ve read an article that codes will be generated automatically by batch of 100 when it is used for flows.

But I think there should still be the “Add Codes” button because there’s no indicator that I’ll be using this for a flow. Right?

I have a manager access in this Klaviyo account.

Please help. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Jessica eCommerce Badassery 25 February 2023, 06:46

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@deepcut_kcd 

It’s because your coupon has a variable expiration date. If you want to use a coupon for campaigns, and therefor generate them ahead of time it has to never expire or have a defined expiration date. 

Badge +3

Thanks Jessica! Is my understanding correct that it means there’s no need to generate codes for coupons that has variable expiration date? Because this will be a coupon for a flow, we can’t define an expiry date. Thanks again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@deepcut_kcd 

Correct, coupons for flows will auto-generate. 

Badge +4

Hi i have created a dynamic coupon code and am wanting to test it.

I have created a template from the email i have the coupon code in and sent the template to myself.

I have found that the email has been skipped with the reason being Skipped: No More Shopify Coupons Remain.

We have a variable expiration date on the coupon - so i to understand that the coupon codes are created automatically .  Im missing something here . please help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@simonb 

If you’re sending it through a campaign you have to pre-generate them. You’ll also have to pre-generated the number of coupons for the total number of emails you’re sending, not how many subscribers you’re sending to because Klaviyo won’t know that subscriber already has a coupon until you send it. So if you’re sending 2 emails to 50 subscribers, you’ll have to generate 100 coupons. 

They’ll only be auto-generated went sent through an automated flow. 

Badge +4

Thanks Jessica -- so in essence my test could not work 

The code was created to go into a flow so the expiration of the code is variable. So there is no option to add codes with a variable expiration.

I set the test up with a template email to myself - which showed no codes available which now makes sense.

Thanks