Solved

Welcome Unique Promo Codes

• 2 February 2021
  • 10 replies

Badge +2

I’ve created a shopify coupon code. I read that with the welcome series it will generate 100 codes at a time and automatically afterwards. So should the promo code show 100 available? Or will it change to 100 available once the Welcome flow is live? Right now it shows 0 coupons available.

icon

Best answer by AndriyBoychuk 2 February 2021, 15:51

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@Daphne's Kouture 

I’m not sure what you mean about shopify coupon code? Where did you created this code? If it is created as static code in Shopify than it will be static and it has unlimited availability I guess (or depends how you set it up in shopify). But if you create dynamic coupon code in klaviyo than it is ok if it shows 0/0 since you have option when creating it in klaviyo to be created in the moment of sending the email.

Here you have detailed explanation of how to use klaviyo coupons https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006155388-Unique-Coupon-Codes-for-Shopify

Badge +2

It’s the one time use code that klaivyo generates per customer.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@Daphne's Kouture here is a quick tutorial about it. 

This is how it works. 

1. Klaviyo sends a trigger to Shopify to generate a new unique code. 

2. Shopify returns the data to Klaviyo

3. Klaviyo populates the data in the email. 

You do not need to generate the codes manually. 

Badge +2

I’m using the coupon in my welcome series flow. I’ve attached a screenshot. So to confirm it will show 0 coupons available for coupons I’m using in my welcome series??

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@Daphne's Kouture 

Yes for the dynamic coupon codes that are used with {% coupon_code 'coupon_name' %} code in the emails it is ok to see 0 for availability since they are automatically created when the email in the flow is sent

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@Daphne's Kouture your snapshot looks good to me. Please do not be mislead by “0” availability.

Badge +2

@AndriyBoychuk @Bobi N. I was being mislead by the 0 availability. Thanks for clarifying.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Daphne's Kouture agree with @AndriyBoychuk and @Bobi N. and their solution above. Perhaps you could also try and send yourself a test email. Here’s an article that goes into more details on sending and previewing tests. 

What happens when the 100 codes are used in the sequence? Will more be generated automatically?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @jsoutherland

Yes, once the 100 are used, they are automatically replenished. Unique coupon codes for live flow emails are generated automatically in batches of 100. When the number of coupon codes is depleted below 100, or if the price rule of expiration period change, Klaviyo will generate another 100 coupon codes. This ensures that there are always enough codes available for live flow emails, but it can also lead to a large number of coupons generated in Shopify as well as in the "total" coupons tab in Klaviyo.

I’d recommend checking out our help center documentation to learn more about how coupon codes work in our flow emails!  

Hope this helps!

-Taylor