Solved

Adding data elements for order confirmation

• 27 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I need to add some additional event variables to my order confirmation email. This is a Salesforce Commerce Cloud integration. Does this data just need to be available in the data layer, or does it need to be specifically sent to Klaviyo as part of the event?

icon

Best answer by klaviyojad 27 January 2022, 20:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@jpwest could you clarify specifically what data you are trying to show?  Is it a fleld or property not exposed currently for the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Placed Order events?

Badge +2

@klaviyojad Thanks for the reply. And to be clear, I haven’t looked closely at the Placed Order event; I was looking at Order Confirmation. I don’t have access to Payment Method, at least for some orders. I also have some custom text that our Financing provider is requiring:

This transaction is under your Credit Card Agreement with Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.

Special Terms and APR Information

No Interest if Paid in Full within 12 Months with regular monthly payments. If the purchase balance is not paid in full within 12 months, interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date at a rate of 28.99%.

Electronic Signature

Acknowledged and signed on 2022-01-27 at 10:19:37 CST

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@jpwest Ok I could see that you are referring to the Order Confirmation event.  When you are refer to payment method you mean something like this:

"Card Type": "Visa",

and if you are having trouble adding generic text to the flow emails, a member of support can assist you with this.  The way to contact support is via this link

Badge +2

@klaviyojad Thanks again. Unfortunately, it isn’t all generic text. In my examples above, the payment terms (“12 months” and “28.99%”) and e-signature date/time are specific to each order.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@jpwest again I would defer to making this a support request.  Its very specific question tied to your setup.  We would need to find out how they are defined in your Salesforce Commerce Cloud instance and if they could be exposed in the Klaviyo events.