Solved

Anybody successful with getting Order ID from OpenCart into Klaviyo?

• 5 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

I’m trying to create dynamic thank you pages using Klaviyo, to thank customers who bought products off an OpenCart store. 

OpenCart store version: Version 3.0.3.1

I used this extension to integrate OpenCart to Klaviyo: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=marketplace/extension/info&extension_id=38017

All works well, BUT – the ORDER ID doesn’t seem to be sent over to Klaviyo, and I’m unable to find a event merge tag for it: 

Am I missing something here – or is there something custom that I’ve to do? 

Appreciate any direction or help. 

icon

Best answer by klaviyojad 5 April 2021, 18:25

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@reubenchng you are correct that the way we currently save orders does not expose the Order ID as part of the Placed order payload, yet it is the Unique ID when you look at the Activity Details. I am happy to pass along the request to include the Order ID in this payload to our Product team. We'll follow up on this thread if there are any updates to share regarding this feature.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Klaviyo also has a Klaviyo-built integration with OpenCart. We recommend checking out our documentation if you are interested in integrating with OpenCart: How to Integrate with OpenCart.

Best, 

Jessie

Badge +2

Klaviyo also has a Klaviyo-built integration with OpenCart. We recommend checking out our documentation if you are interested in integrating with OpenCart: How to Integrate with OpenCart.

Best, 

Jessie

It only supports a very old OpenCart version, unfortunately.

Badge +2

@reubenchng you are correct that the way we currently save orders does not expose the Order ID as part of the Placed order payload, yet it is the Unique ID when you look at the Activity Details. I am happy to pass along the request to include the Order ID in this payload to our Product team. We'll follow up on this thread if there are any updates to share regarding this feature.

Hoping for an ETA - so we can manage our business work plan appropriately. 

Badge +2

@klaviyojad Hope all has been well. Wondering if there has been an update for this? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@reubenchng sorry for the delay.  I was out last week just before I finished implementing this and just getting back today.  I have all the approvals just need to deploy to production.  Hopefully will be done by the end of this week

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@reubenchng feature is deployed now. Keep in mind that this is only forward progress so will only affect new orders getting saved.  If you want this change to apply to historical orders you will need to delete all placed order metrics and re-run a historical sync.  Doing that you will also need to update the flows and segment definitions as they would be referencing the deleted object.

Badge +2

Thanks! I’m able to see the Order ID now in the emails. 

Cheers!