Solved

APi and scripts for WPforms

• 11 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi, I currently use WPForms for the contact and purchase forms on my website. I am trying to see if there any way to be able to connect to WPForms using the API keys. My forms right now collect abandoned entries and data but, I do not have any ability to send these abandoned entries to a specific list in Klaviyo.

Does anyone have any knowledge that may be able to help me build this script to send these abandoned entry emails to my Klaviyo account and into a specified list?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by DavidSandel 11 April 2022, 08:34

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

I don’t have any direct experience with WPForms, although I did just finish developing some custom integrations for Gravity Forms. I spent a few minutes in the WPForms developer docs, and they don’t list the exact Actions or Filters that are tied to the abandoned form function so it would require a bit of reverse engineering of their plugin code.

Ultimately, you’d tap into their code, not their API, and then you’d have to send the relevant data to Klaviyo via PHP whenever the abandoned form code would be triggered.

If, or once, you get that part figured out, the rest is pretty easy.

Just send the data into Klaviyo’s Track endpoint to create a custom event, and to their subscribe user endpoint to put them in a list (although, that’s optional).

I’m not sure if that helped, but hopefully someone else will have better information on the WPForms side of things. 

Badge +1

Thank you!