Solved

Archived Contacts from Mailchimp

• 18 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi All (cc @alex.hong)

I am using the Klaviyo/Mailchimp integration to import audiences from Mailchimp into Klaviyo. Does anyone know what happens to contacts that are “Archived” in the Mailchimp audiences? Do they get imported? Do they get a specific custom property? Are the automatically suppressed? 

I’ve searched everywhere for this answer but cannot find anything referencing “archived” contacts. 

Any help is much appreciated!  Thank you !

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 18 July 2022, 20:39

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Malavate 

Thank you for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community, I'd be happy to assist you.

In our migration document on Mailchimp (How to Migrate from Mailchimp) we note how data is brought over:

Review Your Mailchimp Data

Klaviyo pulls in the following data from Mailchimp:

• When someone received, opened or clicked a particular email
  • When someone subscribed to a synced MailChimp list
  • Emails who have unsubscribed or bounced (these are added to your suppression list in Klaviyo)
  • Existing lists in Mailchimp
  • Contacts' Mailchimp Ratings

I would recommend reviewing that help doc to fully understand how all the data syncs over, but this is the basic information on what is pulled into Klaviyo. Let us know if you have any questions. I hope this helps!

Badge +2

@stephen.trumble 

I appreciate your response.

I read all of the documentation no less than 10 times. 

My question is very specific about “Archived” contacts from Mailchimp. I’m assuming they are imported but then automatically suppressed? Are they considered Unsubscribed? Do they have a custom property added that identifies them as having been “Archived” in Mailchimp?

Nowhere in your response or the Migration Support articles do I see an answer to my very specific question above.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Malavate 

Sorry I didn’t answer your questions correctly the first round. Hope I can provide more clarity.

I’m assuming they are imported but then automatically suppressed? Are they considered Unsubscribed? 

• When these profiles are imported, they will automatically be added to your suppressed list and are considered “Unsubscribed” unless they already have an “active profile” on Klaviyo currently. 

Do they have a custom property added that identifies them as having been “Archived” in Mailchimp?

• There is not a custom property automatically added to identify them as “Archived” but will show that the $source is from mailchimp and that they suppressed. However, you can add a custom profile property via CSV file upload that will add “Archived” to your profiles from Mailchimp if you’d like that you be part of their profile.

Hope this helps clear things up!

Badge +2

@stephen.trumble thank you very much for the quick replies! I really appreciate it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

@Malavate 

You are so welcome, I am happy I was able to help!

@Malavate When you integrated, what ended up happening to your archived contacts? I’m going through the same process now and have 135k archived contacts I do not want imported as suppressed lol. 

Thanks!