Solved

Best practice for Mailchimp sync in multi-store scenario

• 18 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

We wanted to migrate from Mailchimp to Klaviyo using https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005254948

We have a single MC account with a single Audience. However, we will have 3 separate Shopify stores (instead of multi-currency) so we will need three Klaviyo accounts.

What would be the best practice when using this integration?

I can think of dividing the Mailchimp Audience into three Audiences (as best as possible since some subscribers non-purchasers may not fall in the right bucket). Then run sequentially the Mailchimp integration across the three Klaviyo accounts, using for each one a specific Audience. Alternatively, we could import all the data into each Klaviyo account, then delete the users but I guess that’s way more dangerous :)

Many thanks for your thoughts!

Sergio

icon

Best answer by Dov 18 August 2021, 17:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@SergioC Your first option sounds better, you should see this checkbox when creating a MailChimp integration in your Klaviyo account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @SergioC,

Thank you for sharing this question with the Klaviyo Community.

I agree with @jallain and recommend pursuing the first method you outlined of dividing the Mailchimp audience into three discrete audiences and running a sync for each account. This will be beneficial for a few reasons in addition to his helpful suggestion: 

@SergioC Your first option sounds better, you should see this checkbox when creating a MailChimp integration in your Klaviyo account.

For one, if you choose to divide the audiences by currency, you can easily manage currencies in each Klaviyo account. The default currency prefix for every account is the dollar sign ($) but you can change the default currency prefix in your account to align with the currencies from your divided Mailchimp audiences by contacting our support team.

Second, deleting profiles is generally not an advisable practice because when you delete people, these profiles will be completely erased and no history will be kept. In case you deleted a contact by accident and deactivated Mailchimp, there will be no way to recover that contact. For more information on bulk-deleting you can see our article on this topic here.

I hope that is helpful!