Solved

Best Practice for Shopify Markets + Klaviyo

• 15 January 2022
  • 30 replies

Badge +2

Hello People,

I have found this post: 

The recommendation here is to run multiple stores + Klaviyo accounts… Shopify Markets is in Beta now, the benefit is to sell to multiple markets from one store. Therefore, the recommendation seems to be a bit outdated, since the benefit of Shopify Markets is to sell internationally from one single store. As far as I understood, it is more ore less the same technology and options Shopify offers today but bundled differently. 

We currently run our store in EN but are about to add DE as a second language. Customer marketing+forms and so on has to be bilingual too. 

Is there a Best Practice approach how to run (lists, flows, forms, content, ...) in multiple languages without unnecessary overhead?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by David To 18 January 2022, 17:10

View original

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @luckyluke,

That’s a great question!

Our Product Team is still exploring how this new Shopify Market feature will play a role in interacting with Klaviyo. At present, it is still best practice to run one Klaviyo accounts per Shopify store until we have further results on the new feature. @Dov also has a great explanation of why linking only one store per Klaviyo account is still recommended in the following Community post:

Since this feature is still in Beta, I would also suggest reaching out to Shopify to see if they can provide any further details regarding this feature. If you haven’t already we also offer a great Academy course on running a mulinational business that may help you on your way to launching a new store! 

Once our Product Team has any further news or update after scoping out the Shopify market feature, we’ll be sure to share the news publicly!

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

David

Badge +2

Thank you @David To !

I took a look at the webinar, is there a best practice approach how to orchestrate multiple languages in one Klaviyo account (and one Shopify account)?

We do not want to add the complexity of multiple accounts on both sides since language has priority and we can handle that easy in one shop.

Lukas

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @luckyluke,

Outside of having multiple Klaviyo and Shopify accounts for the various languages, we would suggest identifying these various language user in one Klaviyo account through profile property. The easiest way to collect this information is through a signup form. You can learn more about collecting language preferences from the past Community topics that were discussed. 

With your subscribers tagged, it would all be a matter of how you organize your contacts in your Klaviyo account through the use of various lists and segments. If you’re having trouble organizing your account, I would further suggest speaking with some of our wonderful Klaviyo Partners who can help with this!

David

Badge +1

Hello Klaviyo Team,

Any news on the integration with Shopify Markets? This is a very important, must-have feature for international stores.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Rubens,

At present, we don’t have any updates regarding how the Shopify Market features will connect with Klaviyo. 

I would also suggest following this thread as we’ll be providing an update in this thread with any news we hear! I would also anticipate an outreach with this exciting news when it does become available!

David

Badge +2

We are looking at moving to Shopify markets but have different pricing for the US and Canada. Is there a way to select different pricing/ override pricing for specific segments if we segmented out each countries customers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @heluski,

I think the two below Community post may be relevant to answering your question:

Whenever you’re dealing with different countries and different currencies, we highly recommend using multiple Klaviyo accounts with each country specific store connected with their own account for the aforementioned reasons in the above topics. 

Although nothing would be stopping you from creating specific emails that contained different pricing to be sent to a specific recipient group, keep in mind that there may be some additional ramifications in doing so. One example would be the difference in the currency conversions. Because Klaviyo only supports one currency type per account, using one Klaviyo account to market to multiple different currencies can cause some inaccuracies in reporting. 

I’ve seen cases where this was feasible within accounts, however it does take a lot of active management within the account to ensure you aren’t sending the incorrect emails to users. Additionally, there may be some a number of custom aspects you’ll want to incorporate to maintain the data accuracy such as using a custom checkout page to ensure the currency conversion is applied. 

David

Badge +1

Hello,

is there any update on this ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Pooja,

At this time we don’t have any available update regarding Shopify Markets and how it would connect with Klaviyo. When there’s any news we could share, rest assured that we’ll update this thread with any relevant news we can provide!

David

Badge

Hi we are also looking for an updated to this thread. ✌

Badge +1

Looking for an update on this as well.

Badge +2

any update on this?

Badge

Hey @Pooja,

At this time we don’t have any available update regarding Shopify Markets and how it would connect with Klaviyo. When there’s any news we could share, rest assured that we’ll update this thread with any relevant news we can provide!

David

Half a year later - any news?
Shopify is pushing Markets hard - it’s the future of Shopify, so an update would be welcomed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @livit,

We do have an update!

This feature is planned for development in Q3 of this year. Our product team is listening to your requests and are working hard to bring these all to life. In addition to Shopify Markets, we have a number of exciting feature releases planned for this year so stay tuned!

Badge +1

Hi @livit,

We do have an update!

This feature is planned for development in Q3 of this year. Our product team is listening to your requests and are working hard to bring these all to life. In addition to Shopify Markets, we have a number of exciting feature releases planned for this year so stay tuned!

hi @Dov! just to double check: until Q3 of this year it won’t be possible to connect Shopify Markets with Klaviyo? Soon we will have English as a second language and I am trying to figure the best way out to send marketing emails via Klaviyo based on the customer’s preferred language.

IP address location and billing address are not an option for us. The best option would be to use the information from which shop url customers were purchasing (/de or /en). Any recommendation how we will get this to work?

Thanks a lot in advance,

julian 

Badge

+1 on this

In the meantime @Dov I am thinking in using liquid to modify the subfolders in the products and collections URLs to try to send users to the correct market. 

Do you think this is possible and Is there any example of something similar that you can share?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @peanutbutter!

I’ll make sure to update the thread when we know more, but this is a very interesting idea! 

I haven’t heard of this exact use case, but here’s an example of someone using liquid to implement a unique automation, so I know others are thinking similarly:

If you do try this custom method, I’d love to hear how you plan to attack it and if it works out.

Thanks,

Brian

Looking forward to see the solution and I have some bigger project i had to pause, so i really hope that the Q3 is gonna stick.

CV

Badge

You guys can try this app https://apps.shopify.com/multiple-google-shopping-feeds. It has an integration with Klaviyo (and other platforms such as Google, Fb, pinterest).

It’s made to create multiple feeds and it’s built for Markets. Seems to work pretty well so far.

We are also looking to utilise Shopify Markets but with different TLDs for our markets. Ie. we have .co.uk for our UK parent site. And then .com for our US and Canadian site, .au for our AUS account and so on. Therein lies an issue with Klaviyo only allowing one sending domain per account.

Badge

I’m looking very much forward to this feature as well.

Any update on the expected release date? 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Jesper LAKOR!

No firm date yet, but I promise I’ll update the thread ASAP when there is! 😁

- Brian

Badge

Hi @Brian Turcotte 

Sorry to keep nagging. But any update yet? 😁 We just transitioned to Shopify Markets and have deactivated emails for all subscribers outside our main market. I’m about to go through all flows, blocks, customers etc to get up to speed for all subscribers again.

Would rather wait a month or two if you have a solution coming up :)

-Jesper

Also desperate for this!

Badge

Me too. Any update?