Solved

BigCommerce - Subscribe at checkout: "checkout.html" seems weird... unsure if I should progress

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi all, 

So I’m following this guide step by step:
https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005082707-How-to-Sync-BigCommerce-Newsletter-Subscribers-at-Checkout-to-a-Klaviyo-List

When  open the checkout.html file, I’m greeted with this:

Since the article mentions adding the snippet “right before the closing </body> tag”…. of which there is none… I’m not sure what to do. Could there be another location to place the code, or is this fine?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by David To 9 July 2021, 22:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @wernstrom,

This does seem like odd behavior.

Do you happen to be using a custom checkout/third party checkout provider or BigCommerce’s express checkout?

Since this method of adding users from the checkout page is meant to sync subscribers via the BigCommerce integration, if you were using a custom/third party checkout provider, I would recommend reaching out to them for further details on how to push these subscribers through to BigCommerce and then to Klaviyo. 

Alternatively, if you were using BigCommerce’s express checkout option, instead of the checkout.html, I would also recommend double checking the checkout-express.html file. If that file also seems empty of code as well, I would recommend reaching out to BigCommerce’s support for further details or reaching out to your developer for more information as to how your checkout page is coded as these pages typically will have more code pertaining to your checkout process than just one line.

I hope this helps!

David

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @david.to , thanks for the info. I don’t believe any additional apps are being used, but I’m waiting to confirm with the account owner. In the meantime I had another look, I don’t see any html related to the express checkout, but I did find another checkout.html file here:

I’ll test it out when I have some time to confirm it.

Regards,

David

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Just a follow up on this for @david.to or anyone else, this seems to be the correct location for the code if you see what I did in the first post. Just added it and tested - and my test email shows up in the “subscribed via checkout” list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @wernstrom,

Really appreciate for the update! I’m sure this will help other Community members who are confused about the subscribe users to checkout implementation! 

Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community! 

David