Solved

Can we sync one Shopify store with two Klaviyo?

• 23 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi there!

Unusual question, we have 1 store and we want a second Klaviyo account to send b2b and partners e-mails. Can we connect 2 Klaviyo account with the same Shopify account ? The goal is to be able to use products in our e-mails.

Maybe it could be better to only sync the catalog ?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by David To 23 December 2022, 16:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Benjamin at GROWTH Croissance,

Interesting use case! We typically hear members wondering the inverse - two ecommerce stores with one Klaviyo account.

Klaviyo works best in a 1:1 integration. Although it is possible to have one ecommerce store connected to two separate Klaviyo accounts, you’ll still run into the same limitations with the inverse setup. Some of the more common issues include:

• Metrics not aligning or mis-recorded
  • Users aren’t added to the correct list
  • Signup forms not displaying
  • Most importantly, profile/contact management issues

Instead, I would suggest keeping everything in one Klaviyo account and use lists and segmentation along with profile properties/tags to differentiate your b2b and partners. This is a common practice with a number of our members who work alongside b2b and b2c customers.

Alternatively, you could achieve your goal of having a separate Klaviyo account for these customer types by connecting the Klaviyo account to your Shopify store using a custom integration rather than our native Shopify integration method. Using a custom integration setup will allow you to control the types of data that get synced over. This way, instead of all the default Shopify events and data that gets synced over, you can build your integration to only pass over the data you need or want to record. 

If you do end up going this route, I would also highly recommend setting up and using a dedicated sending domain for both accounts as well. It’s likely that inboxes will start identifying your emails as potential spam since it’ll cause a misalignment and deemed suspicious. 

I’ve also included some past Community posts below that I think could be helpful to review:

I hope this helps!

David

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi David,

Thank you for your answer. What we want to avoid by having two separate Klaviyo account is to impact our rates with b2b campaigns / flows who will not lead to sales on Shopify. I was thinking to integrate our erp with who we manage b2b sales but even like that it’s not totally the same and I don’t know if we can mix two metric has “goal metric”…

That’s why we was thinking about 2 accounts. With that said, and a little bite of lucidity remaining after a long Christmas lunch, on the second account we don’t really need the Shopify integration… it will be way better to integrate completely the erp (erplain). And as temporary solutions, just to be able to show some products easily on our emails to sync only the catalog !

If you know some similar use cases, let me know,

Have a great Christmas