Cannot retrieve Klaviyo snippet for web tracking for Google Tag Manager "Script was not installed correctly"

• 26 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

I’m working with a client who uses WordPress for their CMS with WooCommerce, I want to retrieve the Klaviyo snippet for web tracking using Google Tag Manager.

I heard that Klaviyo.js is automatically installed when the Klaviyo plugin is installed and integrated with WooCommerce.

It says in the Integrations tab in Klaviyo that WooCommerce is Enabled. It also says in the Klaviyo plugin settings within the WordPress dashboard that Your Klaviyo + WooCommerce integration is connected!”

However, when I click on the Account Dropdown in Klaviyo and select Setup Web Tracking, I get taken to a page that is for installing the Klaviyo WordPress Plugin. Since the Klaviyo plugin is already installed, I ignore the Step 1, but when I enter the URL of the WooCommerce store in Step 2 I receive the error message Script was not installed correctly.

Does anyone know what’s going on?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @eCommetry,

Thanks for sharing to the Community.

Can you confirm that your WooCommerce plugin is updated and on the latest version? After updating your plugin, the onsite JS should be automatically added to your website. If this still does not resolve the issue, you can manually add the onsite JS by following our guide here.

If not, I would suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the integration to retry. You can do this by opening Klaviyo in an incognito browser, logging in and then uninstalling/reinstalling the WooCommerce integration. See our guide here for reference. 

We can try those for now and then see if a solution comes from that.

Let me know,

Alex