Solved

Collecting e-mail & SMS contacts with ShopSite

• 19 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Does anyone know how to collect e-mail & SMS contacts at point of checkout on the shopping cart. We are on the ShopSite e-commerce platform which Klaviyo does not have automatically integrated features. 

icon

Best answer by David To 23 January 2023, 18:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @BodybyBrazil 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community and congrats on your first post!

I was able to see that you already reached out to Klaviyo Support on this topic just before the end of last year. While we still don’t have an integration with ShopSite, you can reach out to one of our Agency Partners to get help with building a custom integration, which would still be the best option as of now. With the launch of our new APIs you should be able to have your developer create a custom integration that shares all the data you would need in Klaviyo. 

Thanks again for being part of the Klaviyo Community.

Badge +1

Thanks, I’ve tied working with a develop but we’ve had minimal success. It seems we keep going in circles with Klaviyo support  to get an of the features completed. Plus it’s expensive to hire outside help at a time all retailers are struggling. We’re trying to do what we can inhouse as we know how Shopsite works. I cant find someone who knows both Shopsite & Klaviyo. It’s a problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @BodybyBrazil,

If you wanted to keep things in-house, I would recommend taking a look through some of our Developer Guides and Documentation which offers guidance on how you can connect a custom store to Klaviyo. 

To collect email consent and SMS subscribers at checkout from your store, you’ll want to leverage our Subscriber Profiles endpoint

Although the guide references our V2 API, you may still find it helpful to review our How to collect SMS consent via API Help Center article to get an understanding of the overall requirement to pass SMS consent using API. 

David