Solved

Custom Back in Stock trigger

• 30 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

We have an inhouse custom ecomm platform that we are trying to setup Back in Stock notifications for. A daily product feed is being pushed into klaviyo already with inventory quantities. 

We have followed the steps in this guide: https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/docs/how_to_set_up_custom_back_in_stock to setup the API POST request on submission on the website. I can see that these requests are being added against customers accounts in klaviyo:

The problem is that Klaviyo doesn't appear to be treating this like a ‘Back in Stock’ request as none of the specific ‘Back in Stock’ flow triggers or delays are appearing when I go to create the flow. There is also no option in the account settings to modify the settings for ‘Back in Stock’, as seen in this guide: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003872251-Building-a-Back-in-Stock-Flow#back-in-stock-flow-settings2

Is there something else required, in the integration, to tell Klaviyo that this is a back in stock update in the customer account? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Dov 1 December 2022, 20:01

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Nick_rackattack,

Thanks for sharing this.

A few initial thoughts here... 1) the call for the BIS event itself and/or 2) an issue with the way the feed mapping has been set up. I can see from the event that it’s not being interpreted as a “true” subscribed to back in stock event and is missing some of the key event data. That’s the reason why you’re not seeing the options in the account settings or getting the BIS options in the flow itself. The event should be coming through with the Klaviyo logo rather than a typical “custom event” metric gear metric like you’re seeing there. Maybe you can share the API call you’re making? 

Also, in terms of the catalog, make sure you maintain the match between the ID passed in the Subscribed to Back in Stock event and the custom catalog. Have a look at this guide and this guide which speaks to the catalog mapping in more detail.

I hope that’s helpful.