Solved

"Email me when available" button showing up sporadically on PDPs

• 6 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We recently installed the “email me when available” code on Shopify plus to enable the BIS flow, but it is only showing up sporadically. It seems to come and go from PDPs and / or will show up for some variants but not for others. Because it is so random, our developer has had issues addressing. If anyone has solved this, I’m all ears. Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by David To 6 October 2021, 20:33

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Becky C,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Klaviyo’s back in stock feature works by detecting your catalog’s inventory levels and triggers on your site when the product/variant’s inventory level is zero. If you sell made-to-order products or digital goods whose inventory is not being tracked, Klaviyo’s back in stock model would recognize this as out of stock and appear on your website. I’ve explained this potential issue causing the back in stock model to not appear for select variants in the Community post below:

Another potential cause of the back in stock function only sporadically displaying on certain variants may be caused by your theme’s variant selector not properly updating. @klaviyojad calls this out and explains further in the following post:

In addition, Klaviyo’s back in stock feature is build to only work out of the box for with any of the basic free Shopify themes listed in the Back in Stock Styling Code Snippets for Free Shopify Themes Help Center article. In the event you are using a custom theme, some additional customizations or adjustments may be needed to allow the custom theme code and Klaviyo’s back in stock code to function seamlessly. 

Third-party and custom theme developers are not required to follow the same guidelines that allow Klaviyo's back-in-stock feature to function correctly. Although Klaviyo is unable to offer a custom solution for these custom or third party themes, the theme developer will oftentimes be able to help with this implementation or provide guidance on a solution. Alternatively, you can also reach out to one of our many approved partners from an extensive network of agency partners for further assistance in customizing the Klaviyo back in stock code or your website’s theme code for this feature to work appropriately. 

If you end up working with a developer, you also have the option to build a fully customized solution. Klaviyo’s Back In Stock feature works by sending an event metric into Klaviyo which triggers a flow. You just need to send the Variant ID, Product ID, and email address. All of this can be custom-built using our open API to work with your website. You can learn more about this from the Shopify Back in Stock for Developers guide we offer.

Otherwise, there are other back-in-stock solutions supported through Shopify that you can find through their apps section. Here is a link to their site: https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=back+in+stock

I hope this helps!

David