Solved

Emails not showing updated product prices

• 5 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I have many emails in my flows - they have products from my shopify store at the bottom.  I have recently updated the prices on my products.  How do I get the emails to show the updated prices, without having to go into each one and re-add the product please?

icon

Best answer by David To 5 May 2021, 20:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @RowenaT,

For the product blocks you are using, are you using the setting of Populate from Feed or Select from Catalog?

If you were using the Populate from Feed option, the products that are automatically be pulled into your emails should reflect the most up to date information synced from your product catalog. Keep in mind that should you update a product’s information, this would not be reflected in emails that were already sent out. These changes would only be reflected for those customers since the product update. 

In the event your product blocks are using the Select from Catalog function, since this setting allows you to manually select your products from your catalog and also set their display title, image, and price while still linking to the product; these product details would not dynamically update on their own. 

Both of these settings are elaborated further in the How to Insert a Product Block article. In the event your product block using the Populate from Feed function is not working as expected, this may also indicate some sync delays between your product catalog and Klaviyo. Although updates from your catalog are pushed to Klaviyo fairly routinely, it can take upwards of an hour for these new updates to fully sync and be actualized within Klaviyo. 

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

-David

Badge +2

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I am using the Select from Catalog function.  So does this mean I have to manually redo each email as there is no automatic sync?  Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @RowenaT,

That is correct! In using the Select from Catalog setting, which entails you manually selecting the products from the catalog and manually setting their product information to be displayed; the product information would not dynamically update automatically in your emails. Product blocks using this setting will require you to manually update the product information should there be any updates to these products within your catalog. 

-David

Badge

Bringing back to life this discussion:

I just sent an email which included a list or recently viewed items. 

Unfortunately these items had been shown with a wrong price, the same as we a few days ago during a fall sale. But this promotion ended on dec 4th and prices changed since that day.

These are the main parts of the code:

{% for item in person.ViewedItems %}{% if  forloop.counter <= 3 %}

{{ item.Title }}

{{ item.Metadata.Price }

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @deggial,

I think the confusion here is that when you’re applying the recently viewed items into an email using person.ViewedItems, this would return data based on when the user viewed the product. Hence why the email was sent out with a price during its promotion as opposed to the most recent up to date pricing. 

The person.ViewedItems is similar to a unique profile property. This means that the product details of when the user last viewed the product is stored. Using this variable would simply recall this product information. 

You can actually see the last viewed product’s stored information under a profile’s RECENTLY VIEWED ITEMS section and when the last viewed date was to correlate what the product details were at the time. 
David