Solved

has anyone ever integrated klaviyo and spotify?

• 18 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Has anyone ever successfully integrated Spotify + klaviyo to show the Spotify player in an email? 

It would be a great feature for Klaviyo to have available on their drag and drop blocks for musicians as well as retailers to send shop playlists. 

icon

Best answer by David To 19 June 2021, 14:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Shopkeeper27,

Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community!

At this time Klaviyo does not support embedding third-party content in its email. This is due to how most inbox providers recognizing these embedded content as a security risk and have a low rate of rendering.

As detailed in the How to Embed Assets Directly in an Email article:

Most major email clients (such as Gmail) view embedded content such as surveys, forms, videos, and other widgets as a security threat. These email clients will often strip out this embedded code completely and your recipients will not see your content feature rendered when they open your email.

Klaviyo is committed to setting our customers up for success regarding email template creation and sending beautiful, responsive emails. Because our testing shows that these types of features do not reliably render across all major email clients, we don't support embedded surveys, forms, videos, or widgets inside of Klaviyo emails.

A work around I would suggest would be using a button hyperlinking to your desired Spotify playlist that users can still navigate to and listen at their own convenience through their own Spotify app or through a browser.

I hope this helps! Have a great day!

David

Badge +1

I think this is a rather strange and fascinating trend. If possible, I would like to incorporate the sound of online radio stations into my emails. Is this a viable idea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @chaserbabymod,

Incorporating the sounds of online radio stations into your email would still be subject to the same limitations where you would technically still be embedding a third-party element to your email. In this case, an mp3 file of the online radio station. I would suggest taking a look at the How to Embed Assets Directly in an Email article provided and other viable solutions. 

One method that I would suggest is described under the Other File Types subsection of the same article where you would be hosting the mp3 sound file outside of Klaviyo. You can then retrieve and use this link of where the file is hosted as a hyperlink or Link URL to certain elements in your email for your recipients to click on and access.

I hope this helps!

David

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@chaserbabymod agree that its an interesting/fascinating trend! I’ve personally seen a lot more brands market branded playlists as a “mood board”, and encouraging their customers to follow the playlist or listen. It’s a pretty interesting marketing engagement strategy! Would be curious to know how you and @Shopkeeper27 (or others!) envision using this kind of brand tactic, or what the ideal result would be. 

-Cass.

Badge +1

I think this is a rather strange and fascinating trend. If possible, I would like to incorporate the sound of online radio stations into my emails. Is this a viable idea?

I don't think this will get everyone's attention. Honestly, radio en ligne would be the fascinating thing about radios and their wonderful combination in mail