Solved

How can I collect my Typeform quiz's outcome results in my account?

• 3 November 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

I’m using Typeform to create a “which product is right for you” quiz. I would like to create segmented flows based on the results. When I look at the data returned on the customer profile page, I see all of the questions asked within the quiz, but the final ending/result is not there. The ending is designed to determine someone’s affinity for a type of product: it I’m not able to import their result, it’s not simple to try creating segments out of multiple responses to the quiz. Please tell me there’s something I’m missing!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 4 November 2021, 16:19

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @AuburnFury

Thanks for sharing your question with the Community! 

Unfortunately, we aren't able to sync the result/outcome of the quiz as a custom property, because our integration is currently only designed to sync form questions, not the outcome of the quiz. This request is currently logged as a feature request with our product team. 

There is a workaround to use the data stored to figure out your customer’s affinity and use this information to implement segmentation. I suggest creating a flow triggered by the Filled Out Form event and implement conditional splits where you check the response to each question and start branching different paths based on the value of each response.

You could then use the Update Profile Property flow action to apply the "outcome" of the quiz as a Custom Property to each profile based on which path someone exits on within the flow. Then you can use the custom property in segmentation and create the groupings you’re looking for based on customers’ specific affinities. 

I’m sorry there is not an easier way to do this at this time.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +3

Thanks Taylor, I appreciate your reply. For anyone else looking for an answer to this question, what ended up working for me was to redo the logic of my quiz and create a score-based outcome, as the quiz score is passed to Klaviyo. I initially didn’t think this would work. By mapping out my questions in Excel and playing around with the points values of my answers, I was able to land each result in a score range that aligned to the questions. Then, I created segments based on those score ranges. It’s working!

Badge +1

Auburn,

Would please show me how to set this up on score based? I am using Interact Quiz. afinch7@yahoo.com. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @AuburnFury

Do you mind sharing your steps to create the score-based outcome with @afinch

Love seeing the Community interact like this! 

-Taylor 

Badge +3

Hi @afinch - it was a process of trial and error. I mapped out all of the questions and their answers across columns in a spreadsheet. I put each quiz result in a row. I then assigned a weighted score to each response. For each result, I determined which of the answers would be appropriate in returning that result, and mapped those answers to that result. Once every question had the appropriate answers assigned to it, that gave me a low-to-high score range for each result. Because I needed to make sure that the scores didn’t overlap, I then went back through the answers and started changing the weights. Some answers needed to be “heavier” than others to create a wider spread of scores. It took me a while to tinker with the weights, but eventually I was able to get each result to it’s unique score spread. Below is a picture of what the final spreadsheet looked like to help you visualize it.

Badge +1

Auburn 

I will tried that again. I thinks is more to do with Interquiz and Klaviyo email integration. Thanks again

Badge +2

Hi, do you know if this request is soon ready ?

Badge +2

I’m using Typeform to create a “which product is right for you” quiz. I would like to create segmented flows based on the results. When I look at the data returned on the customer profile page, I see all of the questions asked within the quiz, but the final ending/result is not there. The ending is designed to determine someone’s affinity for a type of product: it I’m not able to import their result, it’s not simple to try creating segments out of multiple responses to the quiz. Please tell me there’s something I’m missing!

Hi, do you know if this request is soon ready ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Eve, 

I believe I’ve answered your question in a similar thread linked below!