Solved

How to feature a single product from a collection in the product block?

• 18 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi guys, I’m wondering how to feature a variant on the “Products” block in an email. 

I went over the instructions on https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000219092-How-to-Insert-a-Product-Block

It says: 

By default, product images and buttons are automatically linked to the product's page in your store. Klaviyo will pull in the primary image of a product, so it's not possible to use a variant image instead. If you'd like, however, you can click a link to choose a custom destination URL. This can be useful if you would like to feature a single product from a collection. Then use the image and call-to-action (CTA) button to drive the recipient to this collection's page in your store (vs. a single product page).

I tried it out and the product image and the name still remain the primary product’s name and image.  

Is there a way to approach it differently? Or is the only way to feature a variant to do it manually? To add images and buttons separately?

I appreciate your advice!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 18 April 2022, 21:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @prtltiina 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! Thank you so much for asking about using product variants in your product blocks.

Unfortunately variant images are not selectable when using a product block. Only the primary image for a given product will appear in Product Feeds and appear as an option for selection through the "Select from Catalog" option. You can get around this by using a custom catalog feed.

Alternatively, If you have some experience with HTML and Django tags, you can essentially make a custom product block with a table block, and pull in your variant images with the following syntax:

{% catalog VariantID integration='shopify' %}{{ catalog_item.variant.featured_image.thumbnail.src }}{% endcatalog %}

You can also click on the table block and select 'source' to see how the image is added as well as the other information. For other catalog references you can use the following link:
https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004785571-Overview-of-the-Catalog-Lookup-Tag 

Hope this helps get you on the right path! Thank you so much for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge

As I was reading the article “How to configure back in stock alert emails” I found image tags for Shopify, Magento and Bigcommerce can somebody helps with the tag for Woocommerce?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @shinu_retainup 

Did you see this community post on the same topic?