Solved

How to sync profiles from Shopify to Klaviyo after successful purchase without opt-in

• 18 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

We want to disable the opt-in option during the Shopify checkout. How do we collect all successful purchases/customer information in a list in Klaviyo?

I know that the profiles are synced to Klaviyo, even if they have “accepts marketing = false” (Shopify property) and that I can create a segment with the successful purchasers. However, I need them to be in a list. 

So, the option in the screenshot below, is not correct as we don’t have an opt-in during the checkout and no footer form. We only want to collect the DOI via Klaviyo forms on the website and no longer during the checkout/via Shopify.

This tick box will be removed. There is no opt-in possibility during the checkout process.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 26 November 2022, 02:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @bea123 ,

Welcome to the Community.

Just to clarify, that page is going to be visible only on your end so if you do not want to collect email subscribers automatically to a list then yes you would just not check the box. 

Do you currently have a form linked to a list in your Klaviyo account? 

Badge +1

Hi @alex.hong

thank you for answering! We’ve figured it out and unticked the box. 

However, some people are still synced to this list - even after we unticked the box and removed the tick box from shopify as well. We do not have any forms live at the moment. So, logically, there is no way why people are synced to my newsletter list.

Any idea why this happens? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @bea123 ,

Interesting. Can you click on a user’s profile and share with us what activities they have done that link to the list they are added on? Could it be that they have registered somewhere in the past or from an old form?

Badge +1

@alex.hong, the only common thing all of the profiles have is “$source: shopify” and (most of them) “fulfilled order” from around 3 days ago. 

We never had a form on the website. The only way you could subscribe was the tick box during the shopify checkout. But this tick box is removed from the frontend since yesterday. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @bea123 ,

It is most likely coming from Shopify itself and not necessarily a form you have made. The purchase event comes a few days before the actual subscription event and this would not have happened if this was coming directly from your integration. They would be subscribed directly after they purchased on Shopify.
If you make sure the "newsletter" tag is not added to any profile in Shopify anymore, then they will not enter your Klaivyo platform. This is how Shopify knows to send the profile to us. If you remove that from Shopify this should stop. Events that come over from Shopify such as placed order and started checkout are not contingent on that profile property. They are separate mechanisms that will not be affected by removing the "newsletter" tag.