Solved

Incomplete View Product data

• 27 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

Do you know why when Klaviyo is tracking a views product some of the product properties are showing as None? The integration is with Shopify.

For example when looking on the activity feed if someone has views a product it will show as follows

Brand: None

Categories: “empty”

ImageURL: no-image

Name: None

ProductID: None

This of course is affecting my browse abandonment flow and sending my customers empty emails with no product images or name of the product.

Many thanks for your help

Gus

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 28 February 2023, 17:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Gus M and welcome to the Community!

One thing that could cause this is missing product information in your Shopify store:

1. The Viewed Product event can only pull in the information that’s been entered in your Shopify store

2. Since not all of these fields are required by Shopify, some products can be published without them and they would not appear in the Viewed Product event

Additionally, this could happen if a Product has the “Not Published” status on Shopify. My colleague David To provided some context on this in the following thread:

Also, another Community member had a similar issue here, which was caused by using a plug-in that altered the Product Liquid file. They fixed it by installing the plugin elsewhere to revert the changes:

I hope this helps get you started, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +1

Many thanks Brian for your help