Solved

Integrating with Clyde: how to find link event variable?

• 21 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +6

I'm coding an upsell flow, and warranties are what we're upselling. We're using Clyde (https://hiclyde.sb.hiclyde.com/). However, I can't find the "link" event variable in the Klaviyo code editor to populate the dynamic link correctly in the messages (we'd like the product image and a CTA button to link to Clyde). There's not much information about Clyde integration online (not even on their support website). Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by David To 24 January 2022, 17:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @ajohns,

I’m not too familiar with Clyde, but was curious and took a look into them. It actually looks like Clyde developed their own integration to connect to Klaviyo. Since Clyde developed their own connection to Klaviyo, I may suggest reaching out to their support team at support@joinclyde.com

From their Klaviyo Integration documentation though, it does appear that they should be passing an event called Clyde: New Order to Klaviyo which seems to provide you a variable called Link which is described to “send your customer to so that they can purchase Clyde product protection for the eligible product”. If you aren’t seeing this variable being passed along with the event, I would recommend reaching out to their support team for more details. 

Alternatively, if you are seeing this variable being passed, you can learn how to personalize your emails with this event variable from our 

About Using Event Variables to Personalize Flows and How to Build Dynamic Blocks in a Flow Email Help Center articles or the How to Build Dynamic Blocks in a Flow Email (new editor) article if you were using the new editor.

I would be interested to hear what other Community members have to say on this topic as well!

David