Solved

Is it possible to have double opt-in for emails not coming from klaviyo signup forms?

• 22 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hi, 

We integrated Klaviyo to our ManyChat account, and we want to have a double opt-in confirmation for the users giving their emails or wanted to be on our subscriber’s list. Is it possible to send a confirmation for their subscription once the emails are already transferred to Klaviyo Lists without going through the signup form? Is Klaviyo double opt-in only possible for signup forms or are there any other ways to use Klaviyo double opt-in option?

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Many thanks, 

Jen

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 22 April 2022, 22:25

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @hello_jenn 

Thank you so much for coming to the Klaviyo Community for more clarity with Double Opt-in. Hope I can help!

Double opt-in is set at the list level. If a list has double opt-in, everyone who subscribes to that list must confirm their interest before they're added. While you are migrating your customers into Klaviyo, is the list they are being added to set up for double opt in? how are you adding these emails, with a CSV file or are they being added through your integration? Depending on how they are being added may change a step or two to get, depending on if you need to manually add consent as a profile property to each profile or not. You can change your specific list settings for double opt in and use a campaign email send after everyone has been added to the appropriate list for confirmation as they have already completed the process previously you are just re-confirming. As for new customers, you can set any signup form to double opt-in as well as the list they are being sent to and will automatically send a confirmation email once they have completed both steps. You can also edit the confirmation page they receive to be in alignment with your marketing.

Please check out the articles included as they will provide further clarity about your migration to Klaviyo. Thank you so much for being part of the Klaviyo Community

Badge +2

Hello Stephen, 

The emails are being added through integration. Users have to type in their emails to our Facebook messenger during conversation and from there we transfer those emails to Klaviyo List through integration without needing to use CSV file or adding it manually to Klaviyo. The thing is we don’t get those emails via the third party forms or Klaviyo forms so we can’t set double opt-ins, emails are being sent directly to our Facebook messenger page account (we’re doing messenger chatbot marketing btw). Would it be possible if we create a welcome email for those who are added to our list to confirm if they really want to be subscribed or to confirm their subscription without the need of redirecting them again to Klaviyo forms? Like attaching or sending just the “Email Confirmation” part in the subscribe and preference pages of Klaviyo and skip the “Subscribe” and “Confirm Your Email” part?

Please see the photo that I’ve attached.

Thanks,

Jen

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @hello_jenn 

So as long as the list your emails are going to is set up for double-opt in they should receive a confirmation email. Is this not happening now when customers are added to the list through facebook?

Badge +1

Hey,

I am currently with the same problem for different accounts. When an email comes through an integration in this case unbounce>klaviyo. The email joins a list but doesn’t get the double opt in email from klaviyo. Is there anyone with the same issue?  

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Same here. I have new emails flowing into Klaviyo through a custom API and looks like they are no receiving the double opt in confirmation email. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @hello_jenn, @vylla001  & @Francisco_Seixas 

I am very sorry. I misspoke previously. Unfortunately you can not use double opt in with Facebook Lead Ads. Since you cannot use Klaviyo's natural double opt-in for Facebook Lead Ads, your customers will automatically be added to the assigned List of the ad. However there there is a workaround to create your own double opt-in, have this List trigger a Flow. There are two options to collect opt-in confirmation:

• collect consent via a custom profile property
  • subscribing to a secondary list

Custom Profile Property:  Follow the steps in our article on Using Buttons in an Email to Collect Information About Your Recipients to add two buttons to your first flow email. These buttons could be "yes" or "no" and follow the question of "would you like to opt-in to receive marketing emails from our company?" These buttons should assign a custom profile property of "opt-in true" or "opt-in false." Whichever button your customer clicks, that property will be assigned to their profile. You can then use that custom profile property to exclude and filter out any customers that have "opt-in false" set on their profile.

Secondary List Confirmation: If you would rather assign the customers who opt-in to a secondary list, follow the steps in this document to find the link to a list's subscribe page: First, you'll need to Find the Subscribe Link for a List. Once you have the link, you can input it into your flow email and prompt customers who want to opt-in to click through a button or link to that subscribe page form. Your customers will then fill out this form and be added to the secondary list, signaling that they desire to receive marketing emails from your company. You can set this list to either single or double opt-in, whichever you prefer.

Again I am very sorry for my mistake. I hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@stephen.trumble is it just Facebook Lead Ads or anything that is not a Klaviyo signup form where double opt in will not work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

@vylla001 You can do this with any list that cannot use Klaviyo’s double-opt in option, not just Facebook!