Solved

Is Klaviyo for E-commerce only?

• 19 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Is Klaviyo only for e-commerce? Can it integrate with Wordpress and not Woo Commerce?

icon

Best answer by chloe.strange 19 May 2022, 20:21

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @immie48,

Thanks for the question and for adding to our Community! I’m happy to point you in the right direction.

As it turns out, Klaviyo does not directly integrate with WordPress at this time. The integration that exists with them is through WooCommerce, as they share a parent company. Wordpress on its own does not integrate.

Our WooCommerce integration is built around commerce data. However, you can send any information to Klaviyo through our open API and also install a small piece of code on your site to enable onsite tracking and our forms. I recommend reviewing some of our custom integration guides here.

The only thing you're missing by not having a standard integration is automatically receiving product and order data. Everything else can be uploaded to Klaviyo using our open API or even through CSV.
-API Overview
-How To Create and Add Contacts To A New List
-How To Manually Import Historical Event Data

Additionally, if you're looking to use WordPress for some kind of signup form function - you can review our Signup Form Installation Guide. This involves a small piece of code. Then you can show pop-up/fly-out/embed forms on your site.

That will walk you through installing this code where you just have to input the public API key.

<script type="text/javascript" async
src="https://static.klaviyo.com/onsite/js/klaviyo.js?company_id=Public API Key"></script>

You can also refer to this article here for more information. I would recommend contacting a developer/your technical team to help with this setup if necessary. Have a great day! 

~Chloe