Solved

Is there a Workaround for using Deep links for push notifications?

• 10 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi!

We implemented push notifications in our iOS app and would like to enable deep linking. I understand that Klaviyo does not currently support deep linking for push notifications, but wonder if deep links can be achieved through workaround, homegrown ways? 

If you can please share insights on how to set up deep linking for Klaviyo push notifications, that would be so appreciated. 

Thank you!

Rachel

icon

Best answer by markpiana 12 July 2023, 22:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @rtsao

Welcome to the Community, we’re so glad you’re here! Thanks for sharing yoru question about deep links! 

Someone else in the Community asked a question about deep links, but in a different way in this topic thread below. 

However, as their essential use of of deep linking was relating to embedding a link in a campaign, rather than for push notifications, they were able to find a workaround for their situation. However, you are correct, deep linking is not supported in Klaviyo. I suggest looking into using universal links, which can be workable in your situation through some custom aspects mentioned in that Community post I linked above. Upon asking around my colleagues about this topic, they hypothesize that this workaround might get you the closest to your goal as you can possibly get. I’d strongly suggest taking a look at the Branch.io and Sendgrid documentations, included in the post above, if you’re interested in taking this workaround.

However, it should be noted that if you follow this path, we would not be able to  further troubleshoot this with you as this would be a custom solution. 

Hope this helps and thank you for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @rtsao,

I know it has been a while since you asked your initial question, but I wanted to provide a quick update. Klaviyo released the ability to include deep links in push notifications in March 2023 along with support for Android. For more information about how to leverage deep linking, see our guide called How to use deep links in push notifications. If you have any feedback or questions about the functionality, let us know!

Thanks,

Mark