Solved

Klaviyo newsletter list not syncing with Shopify list when using a popup form

• 25 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello,

I would like to have some help regarding my issue.

I have a newsletter popup form created in Klaviyo and working well on my Shopify store.

The issue is that the number of subscriber in Shopify is too low comparing to the number of subscriber in the Klaviyo list. I assume that there is a sync issue.

For October for example:

In Klaviyo, I have 932 new subscribers from my popup. But in Shopify, I have only 104 subscribers in total. (screenshot here below).

My main concern is that I am sending the newsletter emails directly from Shopify so I need my list updated in Shopify.

Thanks for your support.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 25 October 2022, 21:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @zied_drira ,

Welcome to the Community.

Customers who signup for your emails through your Shopify forms or at checkout are added to the Newsletter list as defined here in your integration settings: https://www.klaviyo.com/integration/shopify 

However, customers who are added directly to your Shopify account for example are not added to a specific list in Klaviyo, but profiles are created for them and they are synced to Klaviyo. At this time it is not possible to direct them to a certain static list, though you may be able to segment these customers if they have a source set. We have more information available here: How to Sync Shopify Email Subscribers to a Klaviyo List.

The Shopify integration with Klaviyo is, for the most part, one way. This means that we can sync data from Shopify to Klaviyo but not the other way around. There is a minor 2 way integration option within the integration's 'Advanced Options' but this only allows us to pass email address, first name, and last name for existing email profiles already in your Shopify platform.

To pass over new subscribers from Klaviyo to Shopify you'll need to export them from Klaviyo and then upload them into Shopify.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @alex.hong 

Thanks for your answer.

Got it! I was always thinking that the syncing is in 2 ways.

I will try to add the minor 2 way integration as the email and name are sufficent for me.

Thank you :)

Badge

I’m having the same issue, but in both directions. Most, but not all, of my pre-existing newsletter subscribers in shopify don’t show up in my Klaviyo list and none of my new ones in Klaviyo show up on Shopify. So I basically have no way to send something to everyone subscribed to my newsletter. I keep seeing things about manually downloading and uploading things, but this just seems so counter-intuitive to the purpose of the platform. If that is in fact the only way to sync them, can anyone advise how to do that? What if I ever leave Klaviyo, does that mean I lose all my subscribers since they’re not in Shopify? I just want everything in one easy place and to be able to confirm people are getting the things I’m sending out. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @IDES Studio ,

Can you confirm your integration is properly synced with Klaviyo? You can check your integration tab in your account to see the status of the Shopify connection. 

As mentioned in my first response

We have more information available here: How to Sync Shopify Email Subscribers to a Klaviyo List.

The Shopify integration with Klaviyo is, for the most part, one way. This means that we can sync data from Shopify to Klaviyo but not the other way around. There is a minor 2 way integration option within the integration's 'Advanced Options' but this only allows us to pass email address, first name, and last name for existing email profiles already in your Shopify platform.

To pass over new subscribers from Klaviyo to Shopify you'll need to export them from Klaviyo and then upload them into Shopify.

Badge

Thanks, it appears the issue is just how Klaviyo works. Existing subscribers in shopify don’t show up on lists, only in the profile section. So I have to manually import them apparently. And new subscribers in Klaviyo don’t sync with Shopify, which I didn’t realize when I began using the platform. The discrepancies beween my new subscribers and newsletter list is still unclear and doesn’t seem right, but that’s a problem for another day!