Solved

Klaviyo Pop Up Form not connect subscribers to my Newsletter List

• 7 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

We create a Pop Up Box to collect emails to be added to our Newsletter list and receive our Welcome Flow emails. I can see that the Pop Up Box is collecting emails - we have had 3 subscirbe, but I can’t find where those emails have been stored - our newsletter list isn’t being updated with these emails. I also get this message when I am installing Code Snippets for my sign up form:

Unable to detect that signup forms are successfully installed on your site. Please view the installation documentation.

Please can someone help with this?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 8 April 2022, 01:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @SOULFRUITUK,

Welcome to the Community.

There could be multiple possibilities for what is going on. I am going to assume you are on Shopify’s integration and building on their site as you mentioned newsletter list, code snippets, and a signup form. 

We see this issue occur when your theme's default signup forms are not tagged and set up correctly. The signup forms must also apply the Newsletter tag to new subscribers in order for Klaviyo to automatically sync these subscribers to a Klaviyo list. Contact your theme developer, or if you're comfortable editing your theme's source code, add the following hidden input tag to your form's input group:
<input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter">
You state that you are seeing users are subscribing to your newsletter so I am assuming you also understand the double opt-in process and this is not the issue. If not, let me explain. So what this means is someone has to not only submit the form, they also then need to check their email inbox for an email asking them to double opt-in via a confirmation in the email itself- if they are not doing that part, they are not added to the list, but still count as a form submission, which is why you would see more submissions that people in the list.

If you receive the error message "Unable to detect that signup forms are successfully installed on your site, but have correctly added the installation snippet to your website (or are using a prebuilt integration that does this automatically). This may appear if you are using a tag management platform (eg. Google Tag Manager) or some other method to deliver the snippet to your website when the page loads.

This message will not prevent you from publishing a form so if the snippet is correctly installed on the website you should be fine to ignore it. So it sounds like what we need to troubleshoot is why the profiles aren’t being added to your list.

Again, if you are using a custom theme, not a default theme, an additional step needs to be added to your embedded form to ensure that your subscribers are synced to the correct list. You would need to add the following hidden input tag  to your form's input group: 

<input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter"> 

Your form’s input group would be in your footer.liquid theme file in your Shopify theme. As this would require editing code and code can be very sensitive to error, I would recommend reaching out to your theme developer or a to a Klaviyo Partner to custom code this for you if you do not feel comfortable. 

All the best,

Alex