Solved

Magento 1 to 2: coupons

• 3 March 2021
  • 9 replies

If I set up coupons w/ Magento.1, what happens when we upgrade to Magento.2? Will things break? Will they work normally?

icon

Best answer by caroline 5 March 2021, 19:31

View original

9 replies

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005246547-Set-Up-Coupons-for-Magento-1-x-

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041971851-How-to-Set-Up-Coupons-for-Magento-2

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @JimmieaQuick,

Are you still looking for an answer on this question or were you able to reach a conclusion with those articles?

Best,

Caroline

Still need an answer. Those are relevant articles for reference, but they do not address my question. Thank you, @caroline 

Developer says codes can be migrated from M1 to M2, but I’m not sure if things will break on the Klaviyo side. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @JimmieaQuick,

Thanks for that clarification. It depends on what you mean by “break.” For most intents and purposes, Magento 1 and Magento 2 are separate platforms. When you upgrade to Magento 2, you will need to switch from Klaviyo’s Magento 1 integration to our Magento 2 integration. You will also need to set up your Magento 2 coupons in Klaviyo by following the instructions in this Help Center document. In other words, the coupons won’t continue to work seamlessly without any intervention on your end, and you will need to switch to Klaviyo’s Magento 2 integration by following our integration guide.

Hope that helps. Happy to answer any additional questions you might have.

Best,

Caroline

Thanks. The integration guides don’t offer any assistance with moving from M1 to M2. They are presented as if you’re starting from scratch each time. 

I’m quite worried about what this transition will do to existing flows that pull in product data as well as coupons. Is there any detail you can provide about the transition? 

Do we simply add M2 integration and then remove M1 integration? Or do we leave them both? Will flows work normally after the new M2 integration? Or will everything need to be recreated?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi there,

I definitely understand that frustration. The reason that our integration guides don’t cover moving from M1 to M2 is that M1 and M2 are pretty much separate platforms. Moving from Magento 1 to Magento 2 is essentially the same process as moving from Magento 1 to Shopify, for example. All metrics will change because they will be coming from Magento 2, rather than Magento 1. As a result, flows based on metrics and segments that include platform metrics will need to be cloned and changed to trigger off of your Magento 2 metrics rather than your Magento 1 metrics. The dynamic content in those flow emails will need to be updated to reflect the new event structure (since the structure of events varies from M1 to M2). 

I would recommend migrating your historical Magento 1 sales over to Magento 2 so that you can simply integrate with Magento 2 and eventually delete your Magento 1 integration within Klaviyo, as well as the Magento 1 metrics in your account. This will also help ensure that your Magento 2 metrics are the source of truth within your account and will help you avoid having both Magento 1 and Magento 2 metrics in your account.

I would also encourage you to check out our Help Center article, Updating Klaviyo After Switching Ecommerce Integrations.

Best,

Caroline

@caroline  I truly appreciate this (bad news 😂) information. It’s so demoralizing to know I’ve got to replicate everything. BUT knowing ahead of time helps a ton!!  So thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @JimmieaQuick,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! :confused: I feel your pain. But on the bright side, it is definitely a good move to move to M2 since M1 has been sunset-ed.

Best,

Caroline