Solved

Magento 2 data not seeing

• 23 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

We have a Magento 2 store that is synced with Klaviyo. Working perfectly with orders and synced up data. There is some data that is filled in at checkout (which we see in orders) and that information doesn’t seem to be showing in Klaviyo orders (or tags for later emails). Is there a way to choose what data is picked up in Klaviyo?

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 24 January 2023, 05:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @lisaspencer and welcome back to the Community!

Would you be willing to share more about the type of data that you want to collect from checkout? By default, our Magento integration collects the data referenced in this Help Center Article.

If you would want to gather more data at checkout, you have a few options. For starters, you could use a Legacy Form. Using this sort of form (example, embed legacy form) can make it so you can add additional fields to your checkout area with new orders.

Otherwise, you would have to build a custom placed order event that collects more data than the default Magento metric. I would recommend speaking with your developers or reaching out to a Klaviyo Partner if you need further assistance on getting this set up.

I hope this helps get you started, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +2

Hi Brian thank you for this - yes I think I’ll need to speak to the developers as I can know that the data I want to import is a custom field they created for our website specifically. So basically we deliver online courses. The buyer can buy their own course or they can buy it on behalf of “the student” or employees etc. So we have a custom field in our checkout (that then appears in our backend area of the website) for student info. This information gets sent to our LMS which creates an account based solely on the student info, not the purchaser. So I can tell the information is not just for Magento 2 as it clearly delivers the information to our LMS. But personally not sure where this information is and how I can use it for Klaviyo.