Solved

Migrating from Sendgrid to Klaviyo - bringing unsubscribes over

• 9 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello!

We’re a service based business that connects drivers with riders and we’re trying to improve our community engagement through Klaviyo. 

Right now we’re trying to migrate from our previous service provider, Sendgrid, to Klaviyo so all unsubscribes carry over. 

Can’t seem to figure this one out.

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 9 February 2023, 17:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @TheCarpoolKing ,

Welcome to the Community & congrats on making the switch over to Klaviyo!

There is an excellent Help Center article about How to migrate from another email service provider to Klaviyo to make sure you are correctly carrying over all of your historical data from your old ESP. But if you are having difficulties migrating over your unsubscribed users, there is an additional step you can take to achieve this. 

I would first like draw your attention to this guide: How to migrate existing email subscribers (and unsubscribes) into Klaviyo. This provides a detailed walkthrough on how to migrate subscribers and unsubscribes into Klaviyo. For migrating unsubscribes, you will want to export the list of all unsubscribes from your SendGrid account, and upload these users to your Suppressed Profiles list in Klaviyo. This will ensure that they retain their unsubscribed status in your new account. 

To do this, you can do the following:

1. Export a CSV file of unsubscribed users from your old ESP, with a single column containing one email per row
  2. Navigate to the Profiles tab in Klaviyo
  3. Click Suppressed Profiles in the upper right
    The Klaviyo profiles tab
  4. Select Upload File and upload your file of unsubscribes A user's suppression list in Klaviyo

Your unsubscribed SendGrid profiles will now be suppressed in Klaviyo!

If you are having difficulties finding a list of your unsubscribes in SendGrid, I found this helpful guide on how to create Unsubscribe Groups on that platform. 

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

On it right now, I’ll let you know what happens!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Well that was easy...

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

@TheCarpoolKing Yes, quick & painless with Klaviyo! 😊

Feel free to reach out to the Community again for any other assistance you need with your new account setup!