Solved

Option "products that a customer has added to the cart" is not displayed

• 17 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Good afternoon! I am new to Klaviyo. I did a custom catalog and abandoned cart shipping integration using the Klaviyo API. The recorded data is correct, but when creating a product feed to track abandoned carts, if I choose the "Custom for each customer" option, then the "Products a customer has added to cart" option is not displayed ” did it ever happen to you? How did they fix it? From already thank you very much.

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 1 June 2023, 18:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Selma!

For starters, do you have have an added to cart metric on your account? You will not be able to see this option unless this is enabled.

Here are our support articles on how to add/troubleshoot the added to cart metric:

This is also mentioned in this other Community thread here:

I hope this helps to get you started, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge

Good afternoon. Thank you very much for answering.

If I have the 'added to cart' event in the klaviyo account, I added this metric and the 'abandoned cart' metric, both with the event endpoint (https://a.klaviyo.com/api/events/). When the cart is abandoned on the customer's vtex page, our application registers the abandoned cart event in Klaviyo and also for each product added to the cart it sends a request of the type 'added to car't. But anyway I don't see the "Add to cart" option when I want to create the email sending flows. It's not clear to me how Klaviyo relates each item added to the cart to the abandoned cart itself.

Greetings.

Badge

Good afternoon.

I already did everything indicated in the documentation and also the guide "Understanding the new product feeds experience", however, I still don't see the "Products a customer has added to cart" option.
The catalog, the "Add To Cart" and "Abandoned Cart" events are already configured. The product id that I gave you in both events is the same product id in the catalog, but the option is still not activated.
I need that option to be displayed so that the client can use the integration we do through the klaviyo api and it has to be as soon as possible since we don't have much time.
@Brian Turcotte, could you please tell me if there is anything else missing to enable? Or could you provide me with some example of integration with api?

Thank you so much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Selma!

Sorry for the delay here!

I understand that you have the Added to Cart metric, but do you have the Viewed Product metric in your account? I’d recommend adding this as the next step, as its absence could be blocking this functionality. If yours is a custom integration, you can find these instructions here:

Otherwise, you can find the instructions for your specific e-commerce platform here:

Best,

Brian

Good afternoon! I am new to Klaviyo. I did a custom catalog and abandoned cart shipping integration using the Klaviyo API. The recorded data is correct, but when creating a product feed to track abandoned carts, if I choose the "Custom for each customer" option, then the "Products a customer has added to cart" option is not displayed ” did it ever happen to you? How did they fix it? From already thank you very much.
cwc schedule

I recently started using Klaviyo and encountered an issue with the custom catalog and abandoned cart tracking feature using the Klaviyo API. While the recorded data appears to be correct, I'm facing a problem when creating a product feed to track abandoned carts. Specifically, when I choose the "Custom for each customer" option, the "Products a customer has added to cart" option is not displayed for selection. Has anyone else experienced this issue before?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @orrestarve!

Sorry for the delay here!

Can you confirm that you have both the Added to Cart and Viewed Product metric added to your account?

Best,

Brian