Solved

Partner Integration

• 4 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I would like to know what we can do to get an integration with Klaviyo. 

We have a web builder and we want to integrate Klaviyo.

What are the steps we need to take in order to get this done?

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 29 December 2022, 20:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @orlandowatson and welcome to the Community!

The steps to integrate with your site will depend greatly on the platform you’re using, as well as your development capabilities. Klaviyo supports pre-built integrations with many platforms, including ShopifyWooCommerceBigCommerceMagento, and others listed here:

If you’re integrating with a platform that’s not listed above, then you can create a Custom E-Commerce Integration using our API by following the steps in this article:

We have both Javascript and server-side endpoints for our Track (for sending events) and Identify (for sending profile properties) APIs.
We recommend sending orders via our server-side API because it avoids a couple of use-cases in which front-end order tracking would not work:

1) if someone is using a javascript-blocking plugin
2) if someone is on a slow computer and javascript does not load in time on their checkout page

The standard setup for e-commerce platforms that do not provide access to server-side code would be to set up an intermediary server that collects the last 5-20 minutes of orders and sends them to us as server-side Track API calls. This ensures all of the order data is complete and bypasses any potential front-end issues. If this is not an option, you can absolutely send us order information via Javascript Track calls with the caveats listed above. 

If you’re looking for more in-depth help setting up a custom integration, you’re always welcome to reach out to our wonderful network of partners.

Here are some other Community threads regarding custom integration:

I hope this helps, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +1

Thank you Brian. Is it possible to get the same flows as Shopify for our users as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @orlandowatson!

If you are asking if it’s possible for your users to have the same experience after you’ve integrated with Klaviyo, then that’s definitely possible and expected.

Since Klaviyo is a tool to help you organize your data and automate marketing from the backend, it shouldn’t change your customer’s experience on your Shopify store. In other words, if you integrate Klaviyo with Shopify, your Shopify store will still be the customer-facing platform. Integrating Klaviyo will only add further useful features and allow you to more personally tailor your customer’s experience.

Klaviyo’s flows are used to automate and personalize marketing efforts based on a customer’s actions on your site. So if you already have existing “flows” on your Shopify site, you can certainly recreate and enhance them using Klaviyo’s flow library and editor. 

If I misunderstood that question, feel free to correct me! 

Thanks for using the Community!

-Brian