Solved

Product feed displaying disabled products

• 13 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I’ve created a product feed with my Magento 2 integration to include all products of a specific category. The ordering is set to Random and the metric to Ordered Product.

This category contains a maximum of 5 products at a time and changes every week. When a product is removed from the category it is disabled as well in Magento.

When viewing the preview or sending myself a test email including a product feed, the feed includes products that are no longer associated to this category and are also disabled. When clicking on one of the products displayed in the email, it redirects to a 404 page since the product no longer exists.

Is there a way to prevent products from remaining in the product feed? I’ve specified the item filter to limit the products to a specific category but that doesn’t appear to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Dov 14 April 2021, 16:31

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Thank you! I will implement the webhook since manually changing the products would require a lot more work that I’m trying to avoid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @pkntl,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community.

First, if an item is disabled or removed from a category in Magento 2, by default, it will still persist in the Klaviyo catalog and thus have a chance to showcase itself in your product feed. The solution is to install webhooks for Magento 2. Klaviyo webhooks empower your Magento 2 integration to sync catalog product removals real-time. Once these items are removed from the Klaviyo catalog, that will preclude them from consideration in your product feed.

Alternatively, you can use the Select from Catalog option > Browse Products in the Product Block and manually select these items from your Klaviyo catalog and change them up weekly. You can save weekly blocks and add them to your other emails. 

Thanks and have a great day.