Solved

Product tracking help

• 2 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi, I’m trying to add the Viewed Product tracking to my Shopify theme but it doesn’t seem to be working.  The ‘Active on Site’ works but there is no data in the ‘Viewed Product’.  I have a Shopify 2.0 theme and have copied the product tracking snippet into the Custom Liquid section of my default product page plus all of my custom product pages as per the installation instructions.  Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 5 April 2022, 22:46

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @UrbanT,

Welcome to the Community!

Assuming that the installation process is 100% complete and successfully done, then here is the piece of info that comes to mind:

There are three key ways Klaviyo will be able to identify a site visitor for web tracking purposes:

• If someone has, at some point, clicked through a Klaviyo email to your website
  • If someone has, at some point, subscribed/opted-in through a Klaviyo form
  • If someone has, at some point, logged into your site and you have identify tracking installed

Someone needs to have performed one of these actions in order to be tracked on your website for the purposes of tracking metrics such as Active on Site, Viewed Product, and Added to Cart. Please see this guide from our Help Center for a more detailed explanation: Guide to Klaviyo Web Tracking

My guess is that there is no profile who has completed these checks yet but please respond with some screenshots of a profile that was expected to be tracked if not.

Best,

Alex