Solved

Rebuild Cart Dynamically for BigCommerce

• 19 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi All,

Just want to raise this as it seems like a huge disadvantage for Klaviyo.

I’d like to request the ability for persistent/rebuilt carts in the BigCommerce integration so that the abandon flows aren’t a negative experience for potential customers.

It seems as though this is possible given that the arctic leaf app was able to provide the feature (although it currently isn’t working, at least for me) and the lack of this feature in the integration is already making me look at other ESP’s like omnisend. If I’d known this wasn’t possible in Klaviyo from the beginning I don’t know that I would have even signed up.

icon

Best answer by Dov 19 July 2021, 16:15

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @wernstrom,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Community.

First, I’d like to provide a bit more context to what you’re referring to for others that may be reading through the thread. As of now, Klaviyo relies on cookies to populate the “Return to Cart” button for BigCommerce for the Abandoned Cart Flow. This means if the email is opened on the same device and browser the cart was initially created in, and the return to cart button is clicked, then the cart will populate with the items that were abandoned at checkout. However, there may be instances where the user revisits their cart from another browser or device which will preclude the cart from populating the abandoned checkout items.

With that said, this is a great call out and I have filed a feature request on your behalf to build this out for the Klaviyo integration with BigCommerce. I agree that it would make abandoned checkouts much more seamless for this integration in particular.

Until then, and as an alternative solution, you can send us a custom event using the Track API including a tag to return the user to the cart in the event data. You can then trigger your own custom abandoned cart flow off of this event instead of the traditional BigCommerce Checkout Started event. If you decide to pursue this solution, I recommend using our API reference guide for assistance. If you’d like further assistance with this solution beyond the documentation, I recommend looking into finding a Klaviyo partner, you can find more details on this process and the benefits of pursuing a Klaviyo partner in the post below:

Tips for Hiring a Klaviyo Partner

Thanks and have a great rest of your day!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks for your input @dov.derin , i’ll take a look at that documentation, although it’s probably well out of my area of expertise. I agree it would be a much better (and expected) experience for the user. Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Dov has there been any development on the progress of this feature request? 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @wernstrom,

Thank you for your comment.

The product team is aware of the proposal and is currently working through their roadmap. It isn’t entirely clear at this point if they will pursue the development of this feature at this time but if they do I will be sure to update the thread here with more information.

Thank you for being a member of our community.

Badge +1

Now that BigCommerce has updated the API to support abandoned cart data, will the Klaviyo integration be updated to support cart data cross-device?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Now that BigCommerce has updated the API to support abandoned cart data, will the Klaviyo integration be updated to support cart data cross-device?

Hi @Dov , I’d love to know if there’s any updates on this too. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Any news on this by any chance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @wernstrom!

No updates yet, but I will make a note to update you if there are any changes going forward!

Best,

Brian