Solved

Retrieve more meta data from WooCommerce?

• 27 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi guys!

Is it possible to retrieve even more meta data then what is shown on my screenshot? I have some more data on my orders that I would like to fetch.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by David To 27 July 2021, 20:37

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Thanks a lotDavid!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @jh21,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

I would recommend reaching out to WooCommerce to see if you have the capability to include more data in the payload being shared from your WooCommerce event to Klaviyo. Klaviyo overall is an ingestion tool that takes in and acts on the data that is provided to it. If you are able to include more data as part of the payload shared from WooCommerce, then Klaviyo would be able to ingest and utilize the data provided. This would all depend on the data being shared on your WooCommerce side of things.

Alternatively, if you are limited through the WooCommerce integration with Klaviyo, another solution would be, instead of using the event shared from WooCommerce as part of the integration, to custom code your own event. Through building and creating your own event shared from WooCommerce you can pass the event with the desired payload and metadata you want to access and use within Klaviyo. 

You can accomplish this by leveraging Klaviyo’s API. If this was the route you decide to take, I would suggest taking a look at the following Help Center articles Klaviyo offers on this subject as well as reaching out to a developer or finding a Klaviyo partner who can further help you.

Other Community post that relate to a similar subject that other members have found useful are also linked below for further reading:

I hope this helps!

David