Solved

Send updated order confirmation (transactional) after changes made to Shopify order

• 15 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi all!

When a customer wants to make a change to their Shopify order (change address, item, contact information etc.),  I cannot find a trigger event “updated order” or anything that would send an updated order confirmation because Klaviyo is only pulling the information once upon order placement.

I would want a customer to receive proper documentation that reflects the actual order details after the order was modified. 

Does anyone have this issue, and how did you solve it to send a correct order confirmation after a change was made?

TIA!

icon

Best answer by retention 15 February 2023, 21:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @NHI, welcome back to the community!

So you’re right, if you look at the standard Shopify events that the Klaviyo Shopify Plugin provides, there isn’t an event for Updated Order. See here:

A few things you can consider if the updated order is an event you want to be able to captured in Klaviyo:

• You can look at Shopify Flow and trigger a Klaviyo Event via the Klaviyo Connector that passes in the information you want as a custom API Event.  I’d recommend this as long as the data and parameters you need are accessible.
  • You can use a third party tool like Zapier or Alloy Automation.  You can learn more about them in the Klaviyo Integration directory.
  • Finally, you can build your own custom API from Shopify’s API to Klaviyo’s API.  This is highly technical and will require a developer proficient with both Shopify and Klaviyo to implement. 

Hope this helps!