Solved

Shopify Integrations with a third party backorder app

• 16 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

We currently have the option on our site to pre order/backorder a product that is out of stock. However we can't find a Shopify app that allows said button AS WELL AS klavios “Notify me when back in stock” button. 

We absolutely NEED to have the option for people to pre/backorder products so we have chosen that over klavios button.

Is there any chance somebody knows a third party app that work with/through klavio? or are we out of luck?

icon

Best answer by retention 16 February 2023, 23:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @Matt_at_Bearfoot_Shoes, welcome to the community!

You might be able to do this without a third party app on Shopify. If you dig into the various configurations and settings, there are options that can show the “Notify Me” button in other scenarios; but you might need a developer to help you implement it.

If your Shopify store was created before December 5th, 2017, you can put the setting “display_on_policy_continue : true” which will show the Notify Me button in addition to the Purchase button.  This means that shoppers will see the “Notify Me” button and the “Add to Cart” button.

If your Shopify site is more recent than that, you can try the setting that lets you not replace the “Add to Cart” button with the “Notify Me” button when something goes out in stock. 

You can set this setting here:

• replace_anchor
    When this is set to false, you will see both a "Sold Out" and a "Notify Me" button. When this is set to true, the "Notify Me" button will replace the "Sold Out" button.

So if you edit this setting in your product page, you can then theoretically have both a “Sold Out” and “Notify Me” button.  This just simply means Klaviyo doesn’t replace the button on your site, but instead adds it in addition to the existing button.  Depending on what you’re using as a “Pre Order” button, this might work since Klaviyo won’t replace the button but instead place it adjacent to it and your app or code that handles pre-orders will replace the “Sold Out” button.  You may have to give this a try to see if this works for your particular setup.

Alternatively, you can also place the “Notify Me” button anywhere on the site with the following code 

Customizing the location of the "Notify Me" button

The following snippet can be used to change the location of the "Notify Me" button. By default, the button will appear next to, below, or replace the current Add To Cart/Sold Out button. With this code, you can place the button below the description, at the bottom of the page, under the image, etc. To do this, place the snippet in your product.liquid file where you want the button to appear, and make sure to update the button text if you changed it to something other than “Notify Me When Available”. 

<a class="klaviyo-bis-trigger" href="#">Notify Me When Available</a>

You can find this and other information about the Back in Stock implementation for Shopify here:

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

Thank you for your response! Apologies, i think you misunderstood (or i mis read your response). I would like to have BOTH options on my site. I would like a “notify me when back in stock” AS WELL AS “preorder/backorder”...

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Matt_at_Bearfoot_Shoes!

I do believe @retention’s response was insinuating that you could potentially have both a “Notify me...” and “Pre-order” button on your site:

So if you edit this setting in your product page, you can then theoretically have both a “Sold Out [pre-order]” and “Notify Me” button.  This just simply means Klaviyo doesn’t replace the button on your site, but instead adds it in addition to the existing button.

As he mentioned, this could require some extra development help, so if you’re interested, you can always reach out to one of our Official Klaviyo Partners.

Best,

Brian