Solved

shopify klaviyo integration issue

• 12 October 2021
  • 12 replies

Badge +2

I have been trying to connect my shopify account with klaviyo for a long while now, please help me out as I'm tired now and frustrated. The integration wasn't successful, and I have been trying it over and over again

icon

Best answer by retention 12 October 2021, 20:09

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @jlush,

Checking in here to see if there were any specific error messages or pictures you can share with us so that we could better debug and understand your integration issue. @retention has done a great job outlining the guides and provided excellent documentation on the subject. Please follow up with any success or further errors that you may have so we can understand and help better.

Thank you!

Alex

Badge

I have followed all of these steps and am still getting the same error. “Unable to detect that signup forms are successfully installed on your site. Please view the installation documentation.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Tjfox8,

If you have followed all previous troubleshooting steps and can confirm no errors on your end, I recommend checking out this article:

All the best,

Alex

Badge +1

Hi there, I am also having the exact same issue. Not sure what could be wrong as Klaviyo was added to my Shopify store using the app section on their website. I then used the integration feature on Klaviyo to connect my store to the platform. 

Every time, I try to publish the signup form I receive the error message below. If anyone can help, that would be appreciated. Thanks!

Unable to detect that signup forms are successfully installed on your site. Please view the installation documentation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @thepretocafe,

This could be due to a possibility that the Klaviyo's onsite javascript was properly added to your Shopify site. This can happen if you first integrated without checking the box to automatically add Klaviyo's onsite javascript, but then checked the box at a later date. Klaviyo's onsite javascript is necessary for tracking onsite behavior as well as publishing Klaviyo-made Signup Forms. Without it, you will experience an error when attempting to publish Signup Forms (just as you've shown in your screenshot). To fix this, you can simply remove the Shopify integration and reconnect it. It is important to note that this does not delete any important data within Shopify or in Klaviyo. Please follow the steps outlined below:

1. Login to your Klaviyo account via an incognito/private window of your web browser.  If you need assistance opening an incognito/private window of your web browser, please click here.

2. Open a new tab within the incognito/private window of your web browser to login to your Shopify admin

3. Navigate to the Shopify Integration page within Klaviyo.

4. Click the arrow next to Disable Integration and select Remove Integration.

5. ?name=inline-1463954760.png
  6. Navigate to the Integrations Page within Klaviyo

7. Search for “Shopify” and re-add the Integration

?name=inline1751131557.png

This will take you through the authentication process within Shopify to ensure that Klaviyo has the proper permissions to connect to you store.
Some notes to consider: 

• Make sure that the box to Automatically add Klaviyo onsite javascript is CHECKED when re-authenticating 
    ?name=inline-573925888.png

• Do not click the back button or navigate elsewhere before the authentication process completes, as this can cause your integration to be disabled again.

Once you have completed these steps, your Integration should perform as expected. You can verify this by checking that there are no error messages here and you should also be able to publish Signup Forms as desired. 

Please let me know if that is not the case, after following all of the steps outlined above. I hope this helps!

Alex

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @jlush - welcome to the community!

I’m sorry you’re having challenges getting your Klaviyo account integrated with Shopify.  Can you describe some of the problems you’re running into?  

Integrating Klaviyo with Shopify should be a fairly straight-forward process.  For most Shopify merchants, you have to install the Klaviyo Shopify App, and configure a few Shopify Settings depending on what you want to do in the Integrations → Shopify → View Settings. This will then allow Klaviyo to pull all the basic Metrics from Shopify.

You can verify everything is working if you see results in the Recent Data panel like this:

Also, there’s a bunch of great starter documents here on Klaviyo if you need help:

I also have a step-by-step guide on using the Klaviyo Shopify App method here if you just want a quick guide with some screenshots along the way.

Let us know what problems you’re running into and I’m sure someone here or from Klaviyo will be happy to help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Tjfox8 and @thepretocafe ,

I wanted to provide an update provided to us from the team regarding this issue with a new potential fix for this.

Apologies for any confusion regarding the error you are seeing pertaining to Klaviyo's onsite script not being installed properly. If you see http in the URL, please replace it with https​ and press the "Check my install" button again to resolve the error message:

?name=inline1863314084.png

If the error message does not get resolved, please note that it will not prevent you from publishing your Signup Form(s). As long as you have properly integrated your Klaviyo account with one of our pre-built eCommerce integrations, or if you have manually installed Klaviyo's onsite script on your website, then you can proceed to publish your Signup Form as desired. I recommend you use an incognito / private window of your web browser to navigate to your website and confirm that your Signup Form is showing as desired. 

I hope this helps to get you going in the right direction!

Badge +1

Having a similar issue. The seemingly simple Intergration just isn't happening. Whenever I attempt to publish, I get this error:

I've u installed, reinstalled, checked the code & still not sure how to fix this. When I reached out for live support, I was told only paying subscribers have access to humans. I don't feel comfortable paying for a service I can't even set up 😕

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hey there @niCoRob,

Happy to look into this for you and give some info on what might be going on.

I would suggest taking a look at your Organizational Contact Information to confirm that you are using the correct URL, since this is the field that we use to populate information in your templates (ie. anywhere you see {{ organization.URL }}).

Additionally, I would make sure you properly installed the Klaviyo.js to your site so that you can actually publish sign up forms. This is a key step.

As a side note, we do have documentation on Signup Form Troubleshooting that I recommend keeping around in case another error with forms appears!

Have a good day,

Alex

Badge +1

Awesome! Thanks for your speedy reply!

Checking the organizational contact now and I read in the documentation that the  Klaviyo.js is automatically installed when you add the app via Shopify, so you don’t need to manually add it to the code. This is the part I’m confused about as it doesn't seem to be installed and I don't know where to put it.

-niCo

Badge +1

Adam!

You are a lifesaver!!! I wanted the video in the link you shared and it worked!

THANK YOU!!!!!

-niCo

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Awesome! Thanks for your speedy reply!

Checking the organizational contact now and I read in the documentation that the  Klaviyo.js is automatically installed when you add the app via Shopify, so you don’t need to manually add it to the code. This is the part I’m confused about as it doesn't seem to be installed and I don't know where to put it.

-niCo

Hey there @niCoRob!

This can happen if you first integrated without checking the box to automatically add Klaviyo's onsite javascript, but then checked the box at a later date. It is indeed an automatic process, if selected. But it sounds like Adam from somewhere got your solution so thats great to hear!