Solved

Shopify Klaviyo integration Privacy issue

• 19 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I have installed Klaviyo as an app in my shopify store. 

Due to various privacy legislations including GDPR I have integrated a cookie management banner. This software blocks all advertising tracking scripts such as Facebook & Google. By going through Inspect in Chrome, I can see that the advertising scripts are blocked. Klaviyo, however is running.

These tools rely on the Shopify Customer Privacy API and it seems as if Klaviyo does not utilise this. In many countries including Germany, France, Italy and the UK, scripts may not run until consent is given. 

Has anyone stumbled upon this issue and is there a way to solve it without using Google-Tag manager (which then disables several Klaviyo tracking features).

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 24 August 2021, 23:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @npswild ,

Thanks for posting your question to the Community! Looking into this, I see the Klaviyo.js is running as well as Smile and ReCharge are still running from the screenshot too; so I would question the functionality of this blocker as my first thought. I'm curious if the blocker only prevents third party cookies from being recognized. Since Klaviyo is a first party cookie (cookie that requires action from a customer to initiate), it's still present; similar to how smile and recharge are still present.

Will definitely report back with further information that I find. Please keep the Community updated with your findings as well.

Hope you have a good day!

Alex