Solved

Shopify > Klaviyo sync not working

• 6 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I’ve connected a new store I’m working on to Klaviyo, but it is not syncing the data. These are the things I’ve checked and tried with no luck;

• Checked Integration, which tells me ✅ The Klaviyo App Embed is enabled on your Shopify store.

• Checked that the option to Sync your Shopify email subscribers to Klaviyo 

• Checked that the Shopify form is collecting data, which it is ✅

• Checked that the Shopify form is adding the newsletter tag, which it is ✅

This is the URL to the site.

I’m at a loss now to what else to try. Can anyone advise?

Thanks,

Matt

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 16 June 2023, 20:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @m-a-t-t!

In case you haven’t already seen it, here’s our Help Center article on troubleshooting your Shopify integration:

Is any new data syncing, and you aren’t seeing your historical Shopify data in Klaviyo? Or is there no data appearing in your Klaviyo account at all? Here’s a Community thread that explains how to remedy the first scenario:

Also, it’s possible that if Double Opt-In is enabled in your account, it’s preventing profiles from being synced to Klaviyo. More on this here:

If neither of these scenarios/solutions apply, it may be helpful to try removing the Shopify integration and re-enabling it. That may be the quickest and easiest fix without getting into anymore confusion. Give this 24 hours to completely re-sync.

I hope this helps get you started, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +1

Hi @Brian Turcotte 

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated!

To answer your points;

• double opt-in is not enabled

• I’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting

• I can see some data syncing. For example, a newsletter Subscriber on Shopify has a Profile on Klaviyo, but they’ve not been added to the associated List.

Thanks,

Matt

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @m-a-t-t!

My apologies for the delay here! May I ask if there are any Shopify newsletter Subscribers that do not have at least profiles on Klaviyo?

Also, are net-new subscribers being added to the list? If new subscribers are being added but only old users are not, you may have to manually add the old users by following these instructions:

I also speak about this more here:

Finally, may I ask how you ensured that your signup form is adding the newsletter tag? The format of the input tag in your form’s source code should look something like this:

<input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter">

Best,

Brian