Solved

Shopify Out of Stock Button always showing

• 21 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I've added the proper code to my website to add the Out of Stock Button to my product pages. The problem I'm having is, it's always showing even when products are in stock. 

For instance, I have a product with only one variation. The button still shows when the item is in stock, but if you click it, nothing will happen. When the item is actually out of stock, clicking the button will trigger the popup.

On another product, I have two variations (colors), when both are in stock the button still shows and does nothing when clicked. 

On the same product, when one of the variants is out of stock, the button acts like it should. No button on the variant that's in stock, and working button on the variant that is out of stock. 

So, just to reiterate. The button is only working as intended with a product that has multiple variations and one of them is out of stock. 

Any advice on how to fix this?

Thank you,

-Chris

icon

Best answer by David To 21 July 2022, 19:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Chris_R,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Even if your code is installed correctly on your product pages, I would suspect this behavior could be caused by some conflict between the standard Klaviyo back in stock code and your theme codes. This isn’t uncommon as I’ve previously explained in some of the Community posts below:

The two areas I would first suggest double checking on is to see how your product’s inventory rule is set up within your Shopify catalog’s backend. Next, I would recommend double checking in on your site’s code to see if there were any conflict that would need to be amended. One way to think about this is that the Klaviyo Back in Stock code is not a “one size fits all” script where you can simply copy and paste it onto your site. Typically, some adjustments will need to be made to either the back in stock code or your site code to align the behaviors of this feature. 

If you need further help reviewing these codes, we strongly recommend working alongside your developer or finding and connecting with a developer who’s part of our Klaviyo Partner program. You can find a directory of our Klaviyo Partners here for more information.

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

Hi David, 

Thank you for getting back to me. I’m not super techy so bear with me. 

I checked for errors on the page and nothing popped up until I clicked on the BIS button. Then, this popped up:

Does this mean anything?

Thank you, 

-Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Chris_R,

I’m not a developer, but that console error does seem to indicate an issue pertaining to the Klaviyo back in stock code. Note how the error indicates the “handleBISTriggerClick”. 

I would advise reaching out and working with a developer you’re familiar who can further investigate and making any amendments to realign the back in stock functionality. 

David

Badge +2

Hey @Chris_R,

I’m not a developer, but that console error does seem to indicate an issue pertaining to the Klaviyo back in stock code. Note how the error indicates the “handleBISTriggerClick”. 

If you aren’t tech savvy, I would advise reaching out and working with a developer you’re familiar who can further investigate and many any amendments to realign the back in stock functionality. 

David

Thank you for the help!

-Chris

Badge

Hey @Chris_R,

If you aren’t tech savvy, I would advise reaching out and working with a developer you’re familiar who can further investigate and many any amendments to realign the back in stock functionality. 

David

Thank you for the help!

-Chris

Hi Chris! Who did you end up getting to help you?