Solved

SMS Australia Integration

Badge +2

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has created a work around for sending SMS’s to Australian numbers through a separate integration?

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 21 September 2021, 23:55

View original

25 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @DannyP

This is a great question to ask in the Community regarding SMS in Australia. Although the team at Klaviyo doesn’t have any recommendations for workarounds to sending SMS in Australia, we do plan on releasing SMS in Australia very soon in the near future. We’ll make sure to let folks in the Community know when we expand out beyond the US and Canada! 

Cheers, 
- Cassy

Badge +2

Is Canada SMS available yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Stylefinity,

At this time SMS for Canada is not yet available. However, it is on our roadmap to be released shortly. 

Echoing @cassy.lee, we’ll be sure to follow up in this thread when Klaviyo’s SMS feature does grow beyond the US market.

Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community!

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Stylefinity,

Thank you for your patience! Just wanted to provide an update that Klaviyo’s SMS feature now supports Canada!

You can read up on Klaviyo’s product announcement from the Community post below:

Happy sending and have a great day!

David

Badge +2

Fantastic (and finally!)

Badge +1

Hanging out for the Australian release, is there any indications how far away this is?  It feels like we are treading water with a service that doesn’t plug in to Klaviyo.  SalesForce are offering it in their marketing suite for Australia now.

Badge +1

Second @NathanPDC  comments. Is there an ETA for Australian SMS integration?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@NathanPDC @JRM I have heard Aug 31 as a tentative date for Aussie SMS.. so we’re getting close!

I too have been asking for this for the past year.. :) 

Badge +1

@Travis thanks for the heads up. Let’s hope we see it happen in the coming months.  

Badge +1

@NathanPDC @JRM I have heard Aug 31 as a tentative date for Aussie SMS.. so we’re getting close!

I too have been asking for this for the past year.. :) 

Hey Travis,

Been using Yotpo SMS Bump but am waiting to switch to Klaviyo. Do you have any more details that you might be able to share?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We are currently waiting for Australian SMS numbers to be turned on. We have existing Twilio sms Australian numbers and I believe Klaviyo is using Twilio for there SMS infrastructure, so I don’t understand why country numbers can’t be turned on.

@david.to  Can we get an explanation as to what has to happen engineering wise to enable Australian country specific numbers?

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @Paqna,

Stepping in for @david.to  here. I’m happy to hear that there is so much excitement and anticipation around SMS in Australia. There has been much activity around launching SMS internationally. This year alone, we’ve launched in Canada as well as the UK. Although I don’t have specifics on the Australia SMS launch, it is something that is on our product team’s roadmap and something we hope to roll out soon. We’ll make sure to update this community thread once we have more details is share! Thanks again for your patience and for the valuable feedback as we continue to work to create the best experience possible for our international community!

Best,

Julie

Badge +1

Hi @Paqna,

Stepping in for @david.to  here. I’m happy to hear that there is so much excitement and anticipation around SMS in Australia. There has been much activity around launching SMS internationally. This year alone, we’ve launched in Canada as well as the UK. Although I don’t have specifics on the Australia SMS launch, it is something that is on our product team’s roadmap and something we hope to roll out soon. We’ll make sure to update this community thread once we have more details is share! Thanks again for your patience and for the valuable feedback as we continue to work to create the best experience possible for our international community!

Best,

Julie

How can we be notified of this please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Spartan,

Thanks for asking how you can be notified about updates on SMS in Australia! As @julie.accardo mentioned in her response, we will update this thread directly when there is an update on SMS Australia. You can “Subscribe” to the original post at the top of this thread and you will be notified if any updates are added. You can also keep an eye out for an email from Klaviyo that will notify you when SMS Australia becomes available with documentation on how to get started, if you have agreed to receive emails from Klaviyo. 

Thank you for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge +1

Being on a roadmap doesn’t actually help us with forward planning our marketing executables.

Is there a confirmed date, month or even year that Klaviyo will commit to?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @cody.chris 

I know that not having an expected date makes it difficult to plan your marketing strategy, but at this time we can not announce a specific timeline. We will update this thread as soon as we have any news from our development team.

Thank you for reaching out about SMS Australia, we appreciate you being an engaged member of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge +1

We have a few clients who’re now pushing us to switch to other platforms that either integrate with SMS providers or have them in-built. We don’t want to leave Klaviyo, but need some visibility, are we talking days, weeks, months?

Badge +1

Can we please get an update of when this will be available?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @DannyP,

It is my honor to finally announce that SMS Australia is now live and can be set up on your Klaviyo Dashboard! 

Thank you everyone for your patience while our team launched this feature. We appreciate all of you and are so glad to have you as part of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge +1

@stephen.trumble What?! Amazing!!! How do I access it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Priya 

The Getting Started with Klaviyo SMS will walk you through how to set up SMS in your Klaviyo account. Please make sure you follow the setup step by step to avoid any delays in your ability to start sending! Just a quick callout for SMS Australia that you should remember when setting up SMS, 

When using Klaviyo SMS to send to recipients in Australia, messages are sent from alphanumeric sender IDs. These numbers are free with any Klaviyo SMS plan; however, they have certain limitations. Alphanumeric numbers cannot:

• Send MMS messages
  • Receive either SMS or MMS messages

Note that it’s not possible to hold SMS conversations with AUS recipients, or have subscribers opt in or out via a keyword (e.g., JOIN or STOP). Due to these limitations, click-to-text forms or banners also do not work with alphanumeric numbers.

The pricing model is the same as for the UK: one SMS equals three sends for any Australian recipient.

Thank you for asking the Klaviyo Community!

Badge

when will SMS conversations be available in Australia? It’s a big reason why we migrated to Klaviyo...only to realise how we can’t have two-way conversations really takes meaning away from why we migrated to begin with!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

when will SMS conversations be available in Australia? It’s a big reason why we migrated to Klaviyo...only to realise how we can’t have two-way conversations really takes meaning away from why we migrated to begin with!

I could be very wrong, but I suspect that Australia is very rigid with telco laws and what people can or can’t do (thanks Telstra). You wouldn’t think so considering the amount of garbage spam texts so many of us get every day though!

Badge

HI there. I am from Adelaide, Australia and I have been trying to reach out to sales@klaviyo.com to ask some pre-sales questions but I have no reply. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @GavinK,

If you’re having trouble reaching out Sales team at that alias, you can also always contact our wonderful Support colleagues who can either try to answer some questions you had or further help forward your questions to your Sales colleagues. 

A lot of users have also had great success to finding their answers through both our Help Center and from other Community posts!

David