Solved

Struggling with uploading my CSV/If successful, can't locate it

• 19 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have been struggling with uploading my CSV file. While I am not receiving any error messages, the file doesn’t seem to have been uploaded because

1. I never receive the message about receiving an email once upload is complete (I wish I could attach the screenshot).
  2. If the upload is indeed successful, I can’t locate the file.

I would really appreciate any help/suggestion.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Dov 20 July 2022, 16:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Formulation Class,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

You can verify if the upload is pending or successful by clicking on the list name > Manage List > Import Contacts that will bring you to a “status” page detailing if the list import has completed or queued, and it contains information about the number of records that have been imported. 

If you noticed records were skipped once the upload has completed, click Show Details and it will give you a reason for the failed upload. I recommend cross-referencing that reason with the checklist contained in our list imports troubleshooting guide. You should also verify that you are indeed uploading a properly formatted .csv. In the example below, the upload failed due to a mismatched data type. And you can also download the .csv here by clicking “Download Skipped Records”.

We also have a few community threads on the topic you may find helpful, I’ll include those below:

I hope that’s helpful.

Badge +1

Thank you so much for your response. Based on what you outlined here, my file wasn’t uploaded. Because no error message popped up, I don’t even know what I may have done wrong 🙁

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Formulation Class,

I’m glad that was helpful.

I recommend trying to upload it again and see if you can extract any additional information using the guides above or my reply. Feel free to share that here and we can look into it together. 

If you’re still having trouble, I recommend filing a ticket with our support team so they can have a closer look at what may be occurring.

Thanks for being a community member.

Badge +1

I have had to escalate to the support team. Hopefully, it will lead to a resolution. Thank you so much for your help.