Solved

Trying to add Klaviyo to my WP subscribe form on my homepage

Badge +2

Hi everyone (First time posting)

I have connected Klaviyo to my WooCommerce and I think its working ok- However I have a “subscribe” box on my homepage (Wordpress site) and its not pulling through new subscribers to my klaviyo its still sending them to Mailchimp.

I have deactivated Mailchimp but they still aren't reaching Klayvio- 

Can anyone help me please? Do I ned to connect the form? if so HOW?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by David To 21 June 2021, 21:53

View original

10 replies

Badge +2

Hi Brian,

I forgot to get back to you and thank you - the embedded form works and I’ve successfully closed down my MailChimp account.  Thanks for your help

Clare

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @QGS Clare!

At this time, it’s not possible to redirect existing sign-up forms when migrating from Mailchimp. Instead, the best workaround is to take advantage of Klaviyo's native sign-up form builder to create and customize a new form.

I hope this helps to clarify, and thanks for using the Community!

Best,

Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @AnderConor!

Due to integration conflicts, it’s not possible to redirect existing sign-up forms of any kind (including subscription boxes) after migrating from Mailchimp. Instead, you would have to remove the subscribe box, and utilize Klaviyo’s form builder to create a new embed form (if you wanted to simulate the same style):

I hope this helps to clarify! 

Best,

Brian

I have connected Klaviyo to my WooCommerce and I think its working ok- However I have a “subscribe” box on my homepage Best Paintball Vests  (Wordpress site) and its not pulling through new subscribers to my klaviyo its still sending them to Mailchimp.

Thank you

In order to ensure that new subscribers from your "subscribe" box on your homepage are being directed to Klaviyo instead of Mailchimp, you'll need to update the integration and possibly link the form to Klaviyo. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you with this process:

1. Check Klaviyo Integration: First, confirm that your Klaviyo integration with WooCommerce is set up correctly. Verify that the Klaviyo plugin is installed and configured appropriately to connect WooCommerce to Klaviyo.

2. Review Form Configuration: Go to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to the page where the "subscribe" box is located. Check the settings of the form to ensure that it's configured to send data to Klaviyo and not Mailchimp.

3. Update Form Integration: If your "subscribe" box uses a plugin or a form builder, go into the settings of that plugin or builder and locate the integration or connection options. Update the integration to point to Klaviyo instead of Mailchimp.

4. Confirm API Keys: Make sure you have the correct Klaviyo API keys entered wherever required in your WordPress setup. These API keys are necessary for connecting your forms to Klaviyo.

5. Test the Subscription: Perform a test subscription through the "subscribe" box on your homepage. Check Klaviyo to see if the new subscriber's information is now being captured there.

6. Verify Data Flow: Double-check the configuration in Klaviyo to ensure that it's set up to receive data from the form on your WordPress site.

7. Reach Out for Support: If the issue persists, consider reaching out to Klaviyo support for further assistance. They can guide you through the specific steps needed to integrate your WordPress form effectively.

Remember, every WordPress form plugin or tool might have slightly different steps for integrating with Klaviyo, so it's important to refer to the specific documentation for the plugin you are using.

I have connected Klaviyo to my WooCommerce and I think its working ok- However I have a “subscribe” box on my homepage Vape Shop Lahore (Wordpress site) and its not pulling through new subscribers to my klaviyo its still sending them to Mailchimp.

Thank you

In order to ensure that new subscribers from your "subscribe" box on your homepage are being directed to Klaviyo instead of Mailchimp, you'll need to update the integration and possibly link the form to Klaviyo. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you with this process:

1. Check Klaviyo Integration: First, confirm that your Klaviyo integration with WooCommerce is set up correctly. Verify that the Klaviyo plugin is installed and configured appropriately to connect WooCommerce to Klaviyo.

2. Review Form Configuration: Go to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to the page where the "subscribe" box is located. Check the settings of the form to ensure that it's configured to send data to Klaviyo and not Mailchimp.

3. Update Form Integration: If your "subscribe" box uses a plugin or a form builder, go into the settings of that plugin or builder and locate the integration or connection options. Update the integration to point to Klaviyo instead of Mailchimp.

4. Confirm API Keys: Make sure you have the correct Klaviyo API keys entered wherever required in your WordPress setup. These API keys are necessary for connecting your forms to Klaviyo.

5. Test the Subscription: Perform a test subscription through the "subscribe" box on your homepage. Check Klaviyo to see if the new subscriber's information is now being captured there.

6. Verify Data Flow: Double-check the configuration in Klaviyo to ensure that it's set up to receive data from the form on your WordPress site.

7. Reach Out for Support: If the issue persists, consider reaching out to Klaviyo support for further assistance. They can guide you through the specific steps needed to integrate your WordPress form effectively.

Remember, every WordPress form plugin or tool might have slightly different steps for integrating with Klaviyo, so it's important to refer to the specific documentation for the plugin you are using.

Badge +2

Hi,

I’ve transferring to Klaviyo from MailChimp and we have a Wordpress / WooCommerce site with the sign up on our home page.  Currently trying to redirect the sign up traffic from MailChimp traffic over to the Klaviyo account - the link provided in the previous response does not exist.

Is there anything else I can use to help me out?

Cheers,

Clare 

Thanks for the help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Homeofthemall,

Welcome to Klaviyo and thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community!

From your details, it sounds like you may not have adjusted the redirect for this signup from on your homepage to be adding users to a Klaviyo list. You can find instructions on how to set up this redirect from the How to Redirect Existing Signup Forms to Klaviyo article. 

Alternatively, you can also replace this signup form with a Klaviyo built one that would already give you the capability to link it to a Klaviyo list. You can learn more about using and building a Klaviyo signup form from the following articles:

I hope this helps!

David

I have connected Klaviyo to my WooCommerce and I think its working ok- However I have a “subscribe” box on my homepage (Wordpress site) and its not pulling through new subscribers to my klaviyo its still sending them to Mailchimp.

Thank you

I've been facing a bit of a challenge with my email campaigns. I have successfully integrated Klaviyo with my WooCommerce store, and everything seems to be working fine. However, I have a "subscribe" box on my website's homepage (built on WordPress), and it's not syncing new subscribers with Klaviyo as expected. Instead, the new subscribers are still being sent to my previous email marketing tool, which is Mailchimp. 

I have connected Klaviyo to my WooCommerce and I think its working ok- However I have a “subscribe” box on my homepage (rent to own cars no deposit) and its not pulling through new subscribers to my klaviyo its still sending them to Mailchimp.

Thank you

Hey, If you're using a form plugin in WordPress to create your subscription box, make sure that the plugin is set up to send new subscribers' data to Klaviyo. This typically involves specifying the Klaviyo list or audience where the data should be sent.

Regard,