Solved

Typeform populating with Custom Properties as Hidden Fields

• 26 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi there,

I have a survey that needs to pull in custom properties into hidden fields within the questions. What is the code that I would need to use to reference one of these custom properties? I am not sure if it needs to include the person lookup references like the below:  {{ person|lookup:'Favorite Color' }} .

Any help here would be fantastic!

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 30 May 2023, 00:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @kjbolt610!

This will depend on where you are intending to substitute the custom property. The syntax you mentioned, {{ person|lookup:'Favorite Color' }}, would be the appropriate syntax for embedding custom properties somewhere in Klaviyo. See here for more details:

However, if the Typeform survey is hosted elsewhere, either on Typeform or an external site, this syntax will not be viable as it is native to Klaviyo. In that case, you would likely have to create a custom solution using our Get Profile API endpoint, which can return custom profile properties from profiles. This would require some extra development effort, so you’re always welcome to reach out to one of our wonderful Official Klaviyo Partners for help, if you’re interested!

I hope this helps, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian